2008 F350 question

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
run 0-40 mobil i had 6000 hrs on my 6.4 only ever replaced injectors and great cold weather starting not plugged in at minus 40 in camp.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ow40 is only in synthetic that I can find, thats gonna make it a $175 plus filter for a change.

I was thinking 10w30 conventional, or Valvoline 5W40 synthetic which is $23 for 4L

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure is pricey about 250 an oil change i changed oil every 200hrs that engine in that truck from a jobber builder is around 10,000 that dosen't include removing the cab to change, diesel maintence isn't cheap along with changing upper and lower fuel filters every second or third oil change i have a 6.4 for a personal truck had a 6.4 for work truck now have a v-10 for work truck maintence is key to a diesel

Elenor84

Reaction score
What kind of oil you running Elenor? I was 15W40 but Ford said 10W30. I dont know whether to run 10W30 or 5W40

My owners manual recommends 5w40 all year unless it goes below -30 which it rarely does. I use Rotella synthetic 5w40. Not cheap but seems to work great.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 09 350..biggest reason for the 350 was insurance is way cheaper (800$) year. mostly due to the fact that 250's were the most stolen truck.
i rant he truck stock till 50000km with only a few problems then dpf deleted and have been enjoying th fuel economy much more. just had the bed plate warranty done. you will notice a slight oil drip off the rear of the engine over the bell housing. get it checked, as it is a 5 day job under warranty. also had the front axle dust seals done. to solve that problem there is a new seal that works much better. had a rear left axle seal go.
other than that it is a great truck and now with dpf gone i average 18-24 mpg depending on speed and location...love it

Elenor84

Reaction score
i have an 09 350..biggest reason for the 350 was insurance is way cheaper (800$) year. mostly due to the fact that 250's were the most stolen truck.
i rant he truck stock till 50000km with only a few problems then dpf deleted and have been enjoying th fuel economy much more. just had the bed plate warranty done. you will notice a slight oil drip off the rear of the engine over the bell housing. get it checked, as it is a 5 day job under warranty. also had the front axle dust seals done. to solve that problem there is a new seal that works much better. had a rear left axle seal go.
other than that it is a great truck and now with dpf gone i average 18-24 mpg depending on speed and location...love it

I would love to hear more about your dpf delete. I have been contemplating it for years but never worked the courage up to get it taken out. Who did it for you? Was it pricy? what kind of milage improvement did you get?

Thanks!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dpf i run is a spartan tuner picked it up from supreme diesel sexsmith around 1700$ worth every penny work truck had sct both work great can pull more power more tunes from the spartan though mileage was huge increase , i have a 2008 with 4.10 gears

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
elenor84... I went with the edge evolution cs race programmer, afe intake and 4" exhaust. i did not do the turbo back down pipe as it is a few hundred more in installation and a pain in the ass shoudl you ever have to take it out. I had everything done in red deer at Canada Custom Vehicles. they have been great. The biggest thing with programmers now is that ford is doing random spot checks during bug warranty stuff and voiding it if they find anything. Depending what programmer you go with you can see up to about 24mpg. i was running 13mpg stock. now i am an average of 18-20 in the rocky's and about 22 calgary north. Loaded with two sleds on a deck to revy and back this weekend i was getting about 15-16mpg in level 3. aside from fuel consumption i couldn't even tell they were there. definitely worth it if you put on alot of miles. i'm good for 45oookm a year. haven't heard anything bad about any of them really. do it and you will never look back

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright, Im ready to run this truck into a pole. I replaced 3 tire pressure sensors last fall, and I guess I have another that is shat. Why do these things fail? Is it a moisture thing, should I have the sensor replaced but put in a ziplock bag?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I put all the sensors on the spare tire when changing tires. Especially if you want to pressure down for certain conditions.
Stops the light from coming on.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That works, until the sensor batteries go dead. They need the motion of the tire to keep a charge.. so you have them rattling around in the tire? what if you need the tire in an emergency?

I put all the sensors on the spare tire when changing tires. Especially if you want to pressure down for certain conditions.
Stops the light from coming on.

Top Bottom