2008 diamond drive different?

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was reading about the bearing problems so i thought i would check mine out. pulled clutch, oil sittin on it. decided to pull it pulled out reverse shaft and then gears, back bearing seal was popped open and cage was wrecked with cage parts layin in it. my question is the photos i see in the bearing post is not the same as my dd. mine is all gears with no gears around the shaft. so was the bearing issue really an issue on these ones? (clearly on mine!) or what? im gonna do all bearings and seal now but would like some feedback
thanks

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
The biggest difference on yours is the reverse is electronic, there still will be the same bearing issues. The sad part is by the time you price out the parts to fix whats broken you may want to just get a diamond lite BDX drive. It is crazy how much $ the internals are, if I remember correctly you cant buy everything seperate. Warranty is your friend in this case maybe you can look at that if you had a 2 yr on your sled. Hope this helps, at least she didnt blow on the hill. This should get others to check there drives as well, I do mine every year.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest difference on yours is the reverse is electronic, there still will be the same bearing issues. The sad part is by the time you price out the parts to fix whats broken you may want to just get a diamond lite BDX drive. It is crazy how much $ the internals are, if I remember correctly you cant buy everything seperate. Warranty is your friend in this case maybe you can look at that if you had a 2 yr on your sled. Hope this helps, at least she didnt blow on the hill. This should get others to check there drives as well, I do mine every year.

thanks! mine is not screwed but next ride it woulda piled up. i am just gonna change the bearings and seals unless some one tells me different but all the gears look good just the one bearing is shot.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the bearings can be purchased at a bearing shop. However, if you buy the BD Extremem bearing kits and seal kits it actually is not that expensive.

Mines an 06 and I have had very little in the way of issues. I run a better oil in the DD and change out at least once a year.

Top Bottom