2008 Cat M1000 mods

Jason Light

Reaction score
Hey I have a 2008 M1000 153in sled with some mods,slp pipe,can and boondocker kit,ect.I was wondering about gearing it and maybe a wheel kit.It pulls in the powder okay now,just thinking of improving it.Any suggestions? Thanks

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on gearing it down. You'll just end up with a heavy M8. If you're having belt issues that's not the way to fix it. Two wheel kit is just for looks. Unless you ride in bottomless powder all the time, turn the stock track around. It'll hook up way better. SLP single set is an awesome way to get more out of it, and the first thing I'd spend my money on. :D

Last edited:

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He already has a slp pipe. Are you sure he should turn the stock challenger around? I've never heard of that before.

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 2008 M1000 153in sled with some mods,slp pipe,can and boondocker kit,ect.I was wondering about gearing it and maybe a wheel kit.It pulls in the powder okay now,just thinking of improving it.Any suggestions? Thanks
My son has a 2011 m8 I ride a s/c apex that m8 really surprised me so if I was u buy a m8 162" and have some fun. I seen this sled in 3 to 4ft snow and it goes wear I was having some trouble, he hasn't been scared to try any hill yet and it just keeps on going so instead of spending more money on your sled I would look at a M8. All we had done was change the can and put a different helix in the secondary and we kept it stock works real well.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Are you sure he should turn the stock challenger around? I've never heard of that before."

Yup, done it to 3 of them now. Hooks up much better for the snow conditions we have around here.

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Have tried many different combinations over the years, Linderman port and polish or big bore works fantastic but the I went to a Twisted Turbo set up (Linderman) and couldn't be happier with the results. Went VE tunnel, 162 x 2.5 CE track and hold the f---- on @ only 10 pounds boost. Good Luck

relyks

Reaction score
Have tried many different combinations over the years, Linderman port and polish or big bore works fantastic but the I went to a Twisted Turbo set up (Linderman) and couldn't be happier with the results. Went VE tunnel, 162 x 2.5 CE track and hold the f---- on @ only 10 pounds boost. Good Luck

I just got a twisted done on my m1000, had it in revy but it was at the tail end of a "draught" so riding was less than stellar. I ran straight race for the first two tanks down there at 8 lbs of boost. Are you running straight race at 10 lbs. I was wanting to run 50/50 and was wondering how much boost is too much at 50/50.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on turning the track around or a camo extreme 2.5". But turning the track around is free. You lose a bit of braking but the traction is good!

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son has a 2011 m8 I ride a s/c apex that m8 really surprised me so if I was u buy a m8 162" and have some fun. I seen this sled in 3 to 4ft snow and it goes wear I was having some trouble, he hasn't been scared to try any hill yet and it just keeps on going so instead of spending more money on your sled I would look at a M8. All we had done was change the can and put a different helix in the secondary and we kept it stock works real well.

Hey barry maybe you should follow your own advise next time that apex is giving you trouble :)

white ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He already has a slp pipe. Are you sure he should turn the stock challenger around? I've never heard of that before.
if you look at the track closely you will see an arrow and the word mountain. make sure its pointed for forward rotation.

Last edited:

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey barry maybe you should follow your own advise next time that apex is giving you trouble :)
dez kiss it talk to u soon we are going to jump this weekend u game leaving friday at 4 am can your sara join us will call u on tuesday adam wants to kick your ass again.

Top Bottom