2008 800r hp

King

Reaction score
I have seen many different posts on here about horse power, so I wanted to relate my dyno story. Put my 2008 Summit X 800R on the Dyno at Split Second Performance after about 1200 kms. At 2200 ft elevation it dyno'd 139hp. We added a Speedwerx Y pipe and a exhaust pipe and can. It then pulled 137hp actually lost 2hp. Ralph (SSP owner) played with restrictors in the pipe and jetting and we eventually got 146hp. I find it hard to believe factory claims of hp. I eventually went with Ralph's 860 kit and he dialed it in at 167 real hp. This rocked, but the biggest gain I made getting up the hill was changing the track lol. All I am saying is that you can make great hp gains on even a stock engine just by performance tuning. Worth the trip to a place like SSP with a state of the art dyno.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is good to hear about the track helping i also have an 08 800 r i have just put on a new track and a dj clutch kit im hoping this wakes er up a bit. i am looking into gettin an 860 for next year was wondering how much ralph kit set u back if u dont mind me asking. I would also like to hear more about these restrictions in the pipe an the jetting. I only have a snow stuff can but would like to know if theres any adjustments i could do to get a few more hp any info u are willing to share would be appreciated

King

Reaction score
I can't remember what the exact cost was but I think with all the tuning it was about $3800-$4000. The only way to properly tune a pipe is to put it on a dyno so you can see the differences, every motor is different. Ralph's number is 780-524-4330 and when he is not too busy he will talk about any and all modes, he has tried them all. I also put on a DJ mountain clutch kit on, helped a lot.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea Ralphs the man! Woke my friends Etec right up too. The Guy knows how to make a sled pull...

Top Bottom