2007 trx recall

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
just figured i would post up about this. i just opened a recall notice from honda canada. mine specifically is a 2007 rubicon 500 cdn trail edition or TRX500FGA. it involves the stop switch wire harness getting water in in and then into the cable to the throttle position sensor. freezing temps screw up the sensor resulting in a WOT condition. they recomend not riding until this is fixed by your local honda dealer. no charge of course. i dont know what other bikes this affects but according to the recall in the states it was everything trx from 2005 on. scarey considering i went on about 8 rides this winter. you can call honda directly to ask if this affacts your bike in particular.

honda customer relations 1-888-946-6329

JOESKIDOO

Reaction score
Not too big of deal, never had a problem all winter on mine, talked to the dealer and it only takes a couple hrs to do.

MACH

Reaction score
Website
www.mountainmachines.com
I had problems with mine because of it. Get it fixed if you live in a cold climate.

Funny thing is the when I first got the recal notice the dealer told me to wait to bring it in because the recal didn't sound right.

Well good thing I waited because the guy at the dealer told me they were just cutting a slit in the wire loom so the water can drain out. And that wouldn't cut it.

I took it in about 2 weeks ago now and they replaced the hole harness under the recal with hondas new harness.

So I would say if you have brought it in for the recal call and make sure they actually replaced the harness, if not tell them you want it replaced.

Top Bottom