2007 Rev secondary Info.

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was out riding last weekend and I couldn't hold the RPM'S. They kept dropping and fluctuating between 7200-8100. Depending on snow. I ended up borrowing my buddies button secondary off a 2004 or 2005 Summit.
It had a straight 44 Helix with a BLACK doo spring. Sled held 8100rpm all the time no matter what kind of snow I was in.

We pulled my roller secondary apart and found that the inner and outer bushings have half the surface area as the button secondary. There was way more side to side play which we think was causing the secondary to hang up and not let it back shift properly.

Anyways thought I would share this info. incase someone is having trouble and has access to an older secondary.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am having the same problem... still haven't figured out the problem... how many miles should a guy get out of his seconardy before rebuilding it....

08 800 x doo

Reaction score
I am having the same troubles i have a 08 800 xpx 154 my clicker was set on # 1 from day one it runs 8250 all the time
I was out three days ago & the rpms was only getting up to 8100 & even 8000 i moved my clicker to # two the rpms was back to 8250 again
I was out on friday it was + 5 & the snow was very sticky again i was anly reving 7900 to 8100 today is monday the 16 th i am going to clean my primary clutch it & see if that changes anything it coulf the secoundary clutch aswell i still have the stock one on that will be changed out this summer to a team roller
I was also told by a mod shop to put a primary off a 2005 or 2006 800
I had a 2005 800 ho summit 151 2'' i never had to change the clickers even in the steep & deep that thing worked good i should have never sloid it
It was the best sled i ever had

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am having the same problem... still haven't figured out the problem... how many miles should a guy get out of his seconardy before rebuilding it....
so today i change my primary and secondary springs and did a world of difference

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get rid of those garbage stock secondarys. they dont backshift well at all. put on a team. lots of good combos out there.

really....

your the first to say that. team has like 2 helixes. and no one can make them work in the mountains.

doo secondarys work well and there are good combos for them.

Top Bottom