2007 m8 bogs out and stalls

dirtymax8

Reaction score
I have a 2007 m8 with a mbrp can, bds intake,and mds clutch weights, other then that stock. It has started to act up and it's got me stumped. When riding the sled will bog and die, sometimes I can keep it running by feathering the throttle. It runs awesome otherwise. It will do it at any speed and any amount of throttle. If anyone has had this issue and came up with a fix that would be awesome.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the wires that are zip tied to your fuel rail, I had one that worn thru and was grounding out. or check that your plastic bushings (or what ever they're called)behind your throttle aren't worn out and need replacing. this will cause the safety in the throttle to act up.

dirtymax8

Reaction score
The throttle safety switch is disconnected. So I can rule that out. As for the wires on the fuel rail I'll take a look at them tonight .how do you remove those smart valves in the tank so I can see if that's a issue?

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think this thread belongs in here. Ron doesn't work on sleds, he sells trailers for motorsports. Could see how it is confusing.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Drain the tank as empty as you can, the smart valves are pick ups in your tank, there is black plastic tubing connecting them to the main pick up from your fuel pump. You can just pull them off from the tubing. Make sure they don't have metal compression clamps over top one of my sleds did. Don't want to break a fitting on a smart valve.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
my old M8 was doing the same thing and it was the BDX intake iced up.... more ice more issues and it surprisingly didn't take a lot of build up to start causing problems.

On my newer '11 I've left the stock intake and never had an issue.

Top Bottom