2007 grizz 700 trouble shifting at -25

seancd

Reaction score
Is it common for it to be difficult shifting into r and p. in cold weather (-25C).. it seems to work after 20 min warm up.... My friend has a 2006 grizz 660 and has no problems..

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
You are brave i have never rode when it is that cold, .Maybe pull off the side panel and give the linkage some lube ,not the kind off lube that gets thick when cold.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i don't have a Yamaha, but most any machine will be somewhat "stiff" at the cooler temps. At any temp below about -20c you should always warm it up for about 15 min. before going & then take it easy for a while 'till the diff. fluid etc. gets warmed a little. It may be something as simple as some rubber bushings in the linkage stiffening up.
I have done lots of riding in temps right down to -35c or so and once you have it warmed up will run just like summertime.
Sorry i didn't really have a great answer for your question, hopefully it'll help a little.
Stay on that quad all yr. ,you'll be happy you did!

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
yup seems like your lube is thickening, use some brake claean, clean all that old crap off, use compressed air to dry(hold a rag around so left over grease does not get everywhere)lubricate with a respectable low temp grease or lube and Voilaa, bobs your uncle or I can shift again

:beer::d:beer:

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got an 07 grizz 700. it needs to warm up. it spits and sputters until its warm. after its warmed up it runs like a chram. it shofts no prop, keep lubeing up the linkage and u wont have a proplem

Top Bottom