2006 rmk 700 wiring problems

02 summit 700

Reaction score
Gauge cluster, headlight, taillight and hot grips don't work. Sled runs fine anybody had any similar problems or have any ideas were to start looking for the problem. Changed the voltage regulator, that didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

2006 RMK 700

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like a fuse has gone, seems strange that you have ignition power but not device power.

02 summit 700

Reaction score
thanks for the advice unable to locate the fuse block any idea where it might be. possibly broken wire??????

stajniak

Reaction score
Gauge cluster, headlight, taillight and hot grips don't work. Sled runs fine anybody had any similar problems or have any ideas were to start looking for the problem. Changed the voltage regulator, that didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks.

2006 RMK 700

i have the same problem can anyone help me

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a voltmeter and check for AC power across the yellow and brown leads coming out of the stator connector with the sled running at idle. This should be unregulated AC so it will increase substantially when the engine is reved up a bit. It should be a 6 pin connector. Don't pull the connector apart but just poke through the insulation or jam the probe alongside the wire in the connector.
If you have AC there then check across the yellow and brown wires for AC at the chassis regulator connector which is a 12 pin connector. This is regulated AC voltage so it should be right around 12 vac. If you have voltage there then check at the light connectors etc. It is possible if the regulator went bad that you have burned out all the lights.
Just for your info the sled runs fine because the ignition voltage comes from a different set of windings in the stator.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 06 rmk 600 did the same thing and it turnedd out to be the voltage regulator. I ordered a new one, which is an updated part. I replaced mine being of last season and all is well for over 600 miles. The orginal regulators were failing partly because they were too close to the exhaust(too hot). The new regulator comes with a harness to mount the regulator on you clutch cover. It comes with good instructions.

Last edited:

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your voltage regulator is hiden behind the can and the brake rotor. The new harness just plugs into the old harness in place of the old regulator and you route it under the air box to the clutch side. I just left the old regulator in place because of how hard it is to get at.

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 83
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom