2006 Rev Hesitation out of the hole

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
My 2006 has developed a hesitation out of the hole. This is a intermitten issue. It causes me the most grief in deep snow. Bassically when I hit the hammer the sled does nothing (pause) then it goes. I am having to pump the throttle to get it out of the snow. Here is the couple of things that I have replaced or fixed up to this point.
- Repaired and lengthened main wire harness
- Rebuild clutches

Any ideas on this issue? I need some advice here. I like the sled so I need to get to the bottom of thid.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What elevation does this happen at mostly. If it's below 4000m, I dont believe it's the DPM. I don't believe it starts working till after you get above that elevation. I would check the raves out good and maybe do a compression test.

Swirlibirdz

Reaction score
I have had it false here in Edmonton. I do notice it more when I am on the Mountain. I have had 3 very reliable shops not able to find this. One of them in Revy that tested it at elevation above 4000ft. Some times it does and most times it is fine. I would love to find this needle in the hay stack.

mtnrev

Reaction score
Check your plug caps mine was doing this as well. After checking everything else finally said what the hell put on new caps problem gone. One wire was broken inside cap. Are your plugs all carboned up on top?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check your plug caps mine was doing this as well. After checking everything else finally said what the hell put on new caps problem gone. One wire was broken inside cap. Are your plugs all carboned up on top?

I will second this one. Out with a guy at quartz and that was What it was... he had done some other repairs and thats what we found.

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 years ago on my 07 , my sled would work great then all of a sudden id hit the throttle and nothing but hesitation, id feather ir to try and get it to build up rpm, i did all the normalchecks plugs wires raves, then i got serious and changed every single electrical and fuel related part (except reeds)from another 07 i had and nothing, i then changed the stator and still nothing , i bought a brand new sled the next day on theway to mountains so i wouldnt have to wrench on my sled, shipped that one to dealer in olds , a cpl days later and aftyer 20 mins , they called and said the reeds were Phu*ed, did i ever kick my ass , during the changing of everything i did not check reeds cause i was told they were excellent condition. simple things u over look. i hope this helps. live and learn now my 2010 X has every mod u can imagine lol

Top Bottom