2006 Rev 800 ho keeps breaking down any help would be greatly appreicated!!

nick.shuffs

Reaction score
hey guys maybe you can help me out. 2006 skidoo 800ho.

just replaced my top end and on my first ride at Gorman i noticed my sled would start bogging down when climbing long hills. so i cleaned my carbs really good and took my fuel pump off also and inspected and cleaned it as well. ripped the sled up and down the alley quick and it seemed fine.

when i was riding up the trail this past weekend the sled died on the trail many times. im wondering if my fuel pump is problem or if it has anything do do with a possible vaccum leak or dpm.... the sled doesnt even want to start at all now unless i put some gas in the cylinder. and it well die after a couple throttle hits.

also how do you read engine codes on these sleds. my engine light flashes but doesnt beep. any suggestions before i buy a new pump would be appreicted.

has anyone put a electric pump on these old revs?

cheers
nick

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds alot like your key,clean it with alcohol wipes and try,if you dont get your 2 beeps when first started can cause problems like this

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't the Revs have a problematic relay that would cause the sled to intermittently die? Might be worth checking into as well. I'm not too familiar with REVs but are their fuel pumps mechanical or electric?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuel pump is vacuum mechanical

Yes could be a main relay issues, but pouring fuel to get to run pretty much points to fuel

There is two pick ups in the tank if I recall, could be plugged up

nick.shuffs

Reaction score
The fuel system is clean. All the filters and pick ups.
It is a.mechanical vaccum pump not really to sure how to test it. But I'll replace it as there only 90bucks.
Are u talking about the five pin relay under the hood?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep replace that to its cheaper to take it in to Napa. I think they are around 20$ there.

VanceM

Last edited:

nick.shuffs

Reaction score
Thx Vance I downloaded it also but it didn't have what I was looking for. Gonna run the dealer today and see what they say

Top Bottom