2006 kodiak 450 wont start

coldschilling

Reaction score
okay here is my problem.. for some strange reason my quad lasted all day and at the end of the day when we were washing off the quads.. i went to try and start my quad and it wouldnt start.. it turns over with the starter .. and is getting spark but just wont fire i have no idea were to start to try figuring it out.. any advice can help

thanks

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
You need the 3 magic ingredients for the engine to run and you have the most important one already (spark) So its gotta be gas or air. With air being the most unlikely one I would try draining your carb bowl with the little screw on the side of the bowl. Drain lots of gas through the bowl as there might be water in your carbs. If possible when you drain it, drain it into a clear bottle and you should be able to see the water in the gas if its present. Hope this helps :beer:

coldschilling

Reaction score
yea i'm getting air for sures.. and i will try that out and see and clean the carb out .. my jet kit should be in tomorrow.. so it will be the perfect time really to do it..

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Since U got air & spark.... I would pull the carb & check float arm... Something stuck not allowing the fuel into the carb maybe... With the info U give, That where I would head first !

coldschilling

Reaction score
i checked out the spark plug and some how i got water around the sparkplug you can't smell gas so it must be water and there is water in the carb when i drained it by the screw.. so i guess start from there..

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Must of being giving her a real good wash to get H20 in the fuel system.... Sounded like you just washed it & it wouldn't start., Wonder if you had the water in system from the ride ? U then may want to drain your tank.

coldschilling

Reaction score
yea she got submerged in a nice mud hole at the start of the day and ran fine all afternoon and when i went to wash it off in the gravel pit with water.. she jsut died and wouldnt start back up .. it started and then died and wouldnt start thank god it was at the end of the day and not far from the trucks..but i know its a water problem and its funny cos i didnt have water pass the footstands so i found it odd .. jsut have to take it apart and drain all the old gas out and clean the carb and then work from there.. i guess

coldschilling

Reaction score
well i got it started and is running fine.. as far as i can tell thanks for all the help.. it was jsut water in the carb when i drained it all out by the screw..

Top Bottom