2006 Dodge 1 ton Diesels, any good?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Out of the thousands out there....... Maybe even hundreds of thousands of trucks........ still a very small percentage....... This problem is like the gm's and their leaking transmission and engine oil cooler lines, it is due to the extreme temperature variations we get in sask, ab, and norther bc...... Rest of n/america rarely sees it happen, according to the dodge district managers

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest issues we've seen is with the recirc. doors. Remove the blower motor and pull the door out if it breaks. You'll know if it's broken when you get little air coming out of the vents.

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had my 06 dually with manual transmission for 5 years now, about 230,000 km on the truck - i love the truck! not unusual for me to get 16 to 17 mpg going back and forth to work. Had the usual front end re-do at about 150,000km. have lost 1 injector, a bunch of u-joints and currently have some leaks to take care of (transfer case output and front crank seal) for the heavy work i do with my truck i wouldn't think that this much repair is out of the question. Stock engine, can set the cruise at 125 when pulling 15,000 lbs and it just goes! (still get 12 to 13 mpg) and yes the seat do suck! one of my favorite things is on big long hills with passing lanes on the transcanada is when everyone pulls into the passing lane but cant get going i just step on it and pass them in the slow lane.

Top Bottom