2005 rmk 900

Mikee

Reaction score
This is my first sled..i have been looking for one around my area for awhile and came across this 2005 RMK 900 for $5600. I am wondering how these handle? and what problems they have? My brother has a 2004 RMK 600 so now i need to get myself a sled :D. I am not sure if the 900 is too much power for me or not.. i used his 600 for a bit and i thought that already had tons of power so i was looking for something like a 600-800cc .. but no luck just the 900cc so far. How is it gas wise? compared to the 600's and 800's?

here are 2 pics of the sled..tell me what you think and if i should get it or not.

sled001.jpg

sled002.jpg

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my first sled..i have been looking for one around my area for awhile and came across this 2005 RMK 900 for $5600. I am wondering how these handle? and what problems they have? My brother has a 2004 RMK 600 so now i need to get myself a sled :D. I am not sure if the 900 is too much power for me or not.. i used his 600 for a bit and i thought that already had tons of power so i was looking for something like a 600-800cc .. but no luck just the 900cc so far. How is it gas wise? compared to the 600's and 800's?

here are 2 pics of the sled..tell me what you think and if i should get it or not.

sled001.jpg

sled002.jpg

The guys I know that have had them liked them with some modifications. Not My choice for a first sled though.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no such thing as to much power, but I think that there were issues with that machine, crank troubles if I remember right. I would do a search on snowest forums to be sure though.

Mikee

Reaction score
Alright guys ill keep on looking :)..butbut.. how long till the snow starts falling? lol ;).

Mikee

Reaction score
Lol, thanks everyone! The price seems right for the 900cc.. it looks pretty clean..but then again this is my first sled and i have no clue what im talking about :).

Mikee

Reaction score
I also wanted to add that the crank bering and engin mount have been compleatle redone only 400 km mostly still stock. Some more pictures.. let me know what you think...
maybe bigfoot will chime in :).

sled013.jpg

sled011.jpg

sled008.jpg

sled010.jpg

sled007.jpg

sled005.jpg

sled004.jpg

sled003.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first sled I paid $5500 for it. To me that is the best way as you don't cry when you get a dent or scrap. I rode it for 2 years, then upgraded to a newer sled. I think you will have a blast with it and remember "throttle is your friend". Even though I'm a Doo guy I say buy it and get out and have some fun, but don't forget to get some Ava courses and good safety gear "rent or buy".

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
$5500.00 you say...My first sled (after leaving the farm and claiming to gorw up) was a 1977 440 TNT ski-doo for $500.00 (split 50/50 with summitric) so my part was $250.00.
Buy the darn sled, your gonna love it.

My first sled I paid $5500 for it. To me that is the best way as you don't cry when you get a dent or scrap. I rode it for 2 years, then upgraded to a newer sled. I think you will have a blast with it and remember "throttle is your friend". Even though I'm a Doo guy I say buy it and get out and have some fun, but don't forget to get some Ava courses and good safety gear "rent or buy".

Wrench900

Reaction score
No such thing as too much power.... just using too much at the wrong time. Look how many post's there is about people doing upgrades, and looking to get that extra bit of Hp. And how many are looking at limiting the power they have. Just cause you don't use all the power the first few rides, doesn't mean you won't use it when you "grow into the sled" so to say.

It's not like a wife... you can always trade it and try something else with little hassle.

sandman50485

Reaction score
ive been getting some info on the 900s. they do have a block problem. from factory they needed to put a thred bearing in but didnt. some sled well last a long time with out having that bearing in but some dont last more then 1500 miles.

ss_badaz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 05 900 lots of mods on and love it in the deep powder and the mountains, this thing pulls like a tractor she’s re geared, clutched all the updates and I vented the heck out of it. You do have to put a little coin back into them once you do that, a great sled.
Just changing out some parts now on mine, adding a Skinz front bumper, FNI air box combo headlight delete intake, WRP running boards, I haven’t listed any parts on the swap yet, I do have SLP Can, Slp Air / boost box ( NOS holes are pre drilled in the boost box) set of side panel screen vents with all the push pins, SLP belt guard.
Good luck and lots of real good info out there on the 900’s

hunt340

Reaction score
I have that sled right now and its awesome. They tell me that mods are needed in the removal of the cover above the belts but so far I haven;t burnt one. Also something about adding a fan and removing the rad.(weight loss).Overall I think its a great sled.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that sled right now and its awesome. They tell me that mods are needed in the removal of the cover above the belts but so far I haven;t burnt one. Also something about adding a fan and removing the rad.(weight loss).Overall I think its a great sled.

adding a fan? do you mean adding vents? lol

Top Bottom