2005 polaris 900

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you know about them are they all bad motors or can they be made reliable with aftermarket parts just found a cheap one and may be interested in it just lookin for input should i stay away or what :confused: thanks for input

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
05's had the most problems. if the updates are all done and it dosnt have to many miles then its still iffy. its a bit heavier to throw around. i have an 06 and love it. yes sum of them were lemons but few were also good ones. all depends how cheap it is.

farmer4ever

Reaction score
My family has 4 05 900's and we have not had a single problem with any of them other then they are a little like me...kinda heavy:rolleyes: If you do decide to get it however make sure you run the most expensive Polaris belt as they will still eat the 1080's. It's like $200 but well worth it. I have also know a lot of others with 900's and once the updates were done they all seemed quite reliable. I will say however if you are an extremely hard rider, it may not be the best choice. Seems like guys who really abuse them still have more trouble but then again they seem to have trouble no matter what they ride. Hope this helps, feel free to message me any specific questions!

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm un decided with my bad back if i want something that heavy i do not mind wrenchin i dont ride too hard as far as i am concerned is there any good aftermarket upgrades to keep them reliable ?? the price is right compared to most others but this may be why he says nothing has been done to engine since he bought it

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd take the money your considering spending on aftermarket parts and just get a reliable machine. it could go either way with the 900 and if he is selling it cheap chances are he knos something you dont.

drford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i gave up on it found a 800 with trinity motor in it good price low miles orogional owner has not rode almost two years he has been fighting cancer ( feel for him ) he looks sick too i told him i am still up in air on what i am buying yet but would let him know

Top Bottom