2005 kodiak 450 break problem

Vanderberg

Reaction score
Have a 2005 kodiak 450 with 700 km on it. It has been used for mostly plowing snow and very little trail riding. AnywY the front breaks are on with enough force to make the rear tires spin when driving also the lever has little movement left it almost touches the bars. I'm guessing my pistons on my caliper a are seized pushing the breAk pads on the rotors. What causes this and what can I do to fix the problem? Manually push the piston in ? Not sure the best way to go about this any advice would be great as I lost my job and don't have the option of taking it to the dealer and I have work to be do e around the acerage thanks for your help Ryan

DragonCFI

Reaction score
If there disc breaks like our 07 350 I just use a small c clamp i got from crappy tire to push the cylinder back in maybe it just needs to be cleaned up and a bit of silicone brake grease

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there are pins that the calipers move on and it sounds like they are seized to the caliper, dissassemble clean and use the recommended grease on them and reassemble

Untitled.jpg

Top Bottom