2005 brute force upgrades

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and also the guy cut out a hole for a temp gauge where can I get one. And also he has the freaking fan on a switch what does that men's what do I need to do about it

Thats nice, im gonna put my fan on a swit,h to. Much better cause you.can click it on when your crawling.in the skeg and really help keep the tempdown. Keep it on a switch.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fan switches are a bad idea. They have built in temperature gauge for a reason. No point in wearing out the fan motor. It will turn on when needed and off when not needed. If the rad is relocated the switch is even more unnecessary.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fan switches are a bad idea. They have built in temperature gauge for a reason. No point in wearing out the fan motor. It will turn on when needed and off when not needed. If the rad is relocated the switch is even more unnecessary.

The little circuit breaker or fuse from the fan thats under the seat on my brute always seems to act up, so if there is a switch then I dont need to worry.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I know it would work it would jut go through te rads slower and that's not bad just means more time to cool down. Two rads would make a huge difference just for the average person it's not needed. My fan rarely ever comes on unless I idle for extended periods. That and $440 is a lot to spend on a second radiator

i bought it for 150.00 with the fan housing on kijiji and have bought 2 of them now... one for me and for my buddy....

Kylbjone

Reaction score
I mean all I need to figure out is the snorkels and also what I am going to do for my exaust pipe bc I can't just find the pipe for the big gun evo

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought it for 150.00 with the fan housing on kijiji and have bought 2 of them now... one for me and for my buddy....

Oh wow that's awesome. I just saw the price on highlifter and was immediately turned off. But for 150 definitely worth it.

Build your own. Much cheaper. Go to mudinmyblood.com and check out there snorkel how to's

Can't help you on the exhaust. Have seen very fee snorkeled exhausts. Unnecessary unless you plan on breaking down in the water ;)

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh wow that's awesome. I just saw the price on highlifter and was immediately turned off. But for 150 definitely worth it.

QUOTE]

If you go to the Highlifter rad you don't need to relocate or run 2 rads, that is why it is so expensive(It's worth it) Just to mount a second rad you can get any cheap rad from any machine to put up top. I have the HL rad in the stock location and the only time I have overheated is when my fan relay came apart and the fan would not work.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The little circuit breaker or fuse from the fan thats under the seat on my brute always seems to act up, so if there is a switch then I dont need to worry.

i carry 2 spare auto reset breakers........ and grease the chit out of every plugin there is..... all the open wires can a will rot off.... [ fan breakers wires, wires in the main fuse block ect.... ]

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i carry 2 spare auto reset breakers........ and grease the chit out of every plugin there is..... all the open wires can a will rot off.... [ fan breakers wires, wires in the main fuse block ect.... ]

Do you know if its a 15 or 20 A fuse?

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

QUOTE]

If you go to the Highlifter rad you don't need to relocate or run 2 rads, that is why it is so expensive(It's worth it) Just to mount a second rad you can get any cheap rad from any machine to put up top. I have the HL rad in the stock location and the only time I have overheated is when my fan relay came apart and the fan would not work.

I like having it relocated anyways. So much easier to clean and see that the fan is working. Well that and it looks bad ass

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well that is how you keep that beast running bring a spare for everything, should work what with the way you ride. no wonder your wife is so mean. :d:beer:

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like having it relocated anyways. So much easier to clean and see that the fan is working. Well that and it looks bad ass

Trust me, the HL fan, you know when it is working(about 3 times stronger and louder than stock. I have no issues cleaning the rad as it is pretty much wide open at the front but it is all personal preferance. I ride all the mud I can but also like having my front rack and don't want the headaches of the rad up top in case I happen to roll the quad.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trust me, the HL fan, you know when it is working(about 3 times stronger and louder than stock. I have no issues cleaning the rad as it is pretty much wide open at the front but it is all personal preferance. I ride all the mud I can but also like having my front rack and don't want the headaches of the rad up top in case I happen to roll the quad.

thats what the roll bar is for................... i ve never had to use it tho

Top Bottom