2005 brute force upgrades

Kylbjone

Reaction score
ok I just pulled the motor out of a 2005 brute force 750 that i just bought. I am doing the top end in the motor and checking the cylinders and the rings. I am trying to decide what to do to the bike while i have it apart. It already has a moose power mod on it and i dont know if i should up grade it to something else or not. The bike is snorkled but its done in 1 1/2 pvc not 2 inch so i dont know if i should do anything to that. I am trying to decide if i should jet it and if i do should i do it myself or pay someone to do it and what kit to buy. The bike also has winco ( I think thats how to spell it) pistons and rings in it prob going to go ahead and replace the rings unless the cylinders are warped and need to be bored then i will upgrade. I am also just wondering if i should do anything else to it while i am in the bike any help would be great

Kylbjone

Reaction score
Oh and also it has a big gun evo exaust on it but does not have the head pipe for it and all i can do is find it with the exaust and the pipe. Really dont want to have to buy a whole system. The stock pipe has two exaust leaks in it and it needs to be replaced. So should i have someone build me a pipe or what should i do

Kylbjone

Reaction score
And also should I mount the radiator on the front instead of leaving it in the stock place

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to CanAm650 on this site, he'll be able to answer your questions.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You def wanna relocate the rad. I had nothing but problems with over heating till then, now my problem is solved. I also run 2" pipe for my intake. keep the moose power module in it.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And also should I mount the radiator on the front instead of leaving it in the stock place

If you plan on mudding and don't want to upgrade to a highlifter rad, definitaly put the rad on the rack. I spent the money and got the HL rad as I didn't want mine on the rack but it is expensive. You will overheat with the stock rad when playing in the mud.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or leave your stock rad there and put one on the rack........... way better than just one rad on the rack...... 2 times the coolant being air cooled alone with even using the fans........

2 inch snorkle all the way and if u have had any head work done might need 3 inch...

keep the moose mod...... i don't like the dynatec ones cause it over rides the belt sense [ and its there too keep the belt there ] ....

put in grease nipples on all control arms [ both inner and outer on the rear ]

asr hind joint tie rod kits , after market control arm bushings [ when your wear out and they will ... they get rid of the ball bearings in the arms and go to uratane bushings ]..

teyrx belt when ya need a new one [ 8 bucks more but way stonger ]

Kylbjone

Reaction score
Well where can I get everything bc ik there is a bearing right by the back wheel that's gone and idk what its called and I want to replace all of them. Would I be better buying a kit to put the rad on the front or just make one and how hard is it to do all of this

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a kit for my rad but its easy to make a bracket and a guard but I didnt have access to a welder or anything. Wheel barrings, you may be talkinh about.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch it for sure.
K&N Air filter
3" snorkel. Even if no head work is done. More air=more power
Relocate the radiator run too quality coolant and put a high-performance water pump and you shouldnt need a second radiator.

Kylbjone

Reaction score
That's another thing I am wondering will stock water pump do enough for two rads. And where could I get the wheel bearings for a decent price. It also is already clutched.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's another thing I am wondering will stock water pump do enough for two rads. And where could I get the wheel bearings for a decent price. It also is already clutched.

the coolant would just cycle slower but you'd have almost twice as much in the system. Pretty sure highlifter makes a waterpump for a reasonable price

Kylbjone

Reaction score
Oh an also one other thing what bike is better brute force or king Qaud friend has been hating on my bike and I have no idea which one is better. And my brute has a 2 inch lift 28 zillas and it ss wheels

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh an also one other thing what bike is better brute force or king Qaud friend has been hating on my bike and I have no idea which one is better. And my brute has a 2 inch lift 28 zillas and it ss wheels

Brute Force no question. King quads are severely underpowered.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

brute force for sure!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problems with coolant flow in 2 rads..... still have the t stat in.....if ya think about it presure and water pump flow will do alot.....

i bet the highlifter rad is 2 times thicker than stock [ so then u have 2 times the coolant passages inside ] .. so whats the difference

and with 2 rads u have 2 fans... so it can cool 2 times as much, and just the air forced cooling is 2 times as much...

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no problems with coolant flow in 2 rads..... still have the t stat in.....if ya think about it presure and water pump flow will do alot.....

i bet the highlifter rad is 2 times thicker than stock [ so then u have 2 times the coolant passages inside ] .. so whats the difference

and with 2 rads u have 2 fans... so it can cool 2 times as much, and just the air forced cooling is 2 times as much...

Oh I know it would work it would jut go through te rads slower and that's not bad just means more time to cool down. Two rads would make a huge difference just for the average person it's not needed. My fan rarely ever comes on unless I idle for extended periods. That and $440 is a lot to spend on a second radiator

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put in a oil cooler in and it shaved alot a heat bout 25 degrees cooler idling usually around 180 now on a hot day

Kylbjone

Reaction score
Ok thanks for everything. I am just trying to figure out what all I need to do to the bike to make it a complete beast. So of the stiff listed I have no idea how to do but rightnow I just want to get the motor fixed so I can ride it and show a lot of people up on it. Should I buy a snorkel kit or use the one thats on the bike or what I have no clue an I just don't want to have to spend a lotore money on it or anything else for it I just want to get it done right this time so I don't have ti worry about it in the future. So any more help would be great

Kylbjone

Reaction score
Oh and also the guy cut out a hole for a temp gauge where can I get one. And also he has the freaking fan on a switch what does that men's what do I need to do about it

Top Bottom