2004 Summit 600 HO

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day... I am considering purchasing a used Summit 600 HO with approximately 4500 KM. I am not very familiar with this year of sled but have heard good thing's about the 600 HO engines. I haven't went to look at the sled yet and am wondering what everyone's opinions are regarding this year and model? Are there any common issues I should be on the lookout for? Cosmetically, as far as I can tell, the sled looks great and well kept but before heading out have a look I'd like to get some opinions and suggestions of what I should look at with this year and model. Thanks in advance!

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day... I am considering purchasing a used Summit 600 HO with approximately 4500 KM. I am not very familiar with this year of sled but have heard good thing's about the 600 HO engines. I haven't went to look at the sled yet and am wondering what everyone's opinions are regarding this year and model? Are there any common issues I should be on the lookout for? Cosmetically, as far as I can tell, the sled looks great and well kept but before heading out have a look I'd like to get some opinions and suggestions of what I should look at with this year and model. Thanks in advance!
What year is it?

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can I would try and get an ETEC, those came out in 2009 The 08 where SDI and pretty good too. The 04 is carbed

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the sled is in good condition and the price is right then its not a bad deal. Those engines never had any quirks or things to watch for that i can recall.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrome piston rings would flake off, otherwise very good

I had one for 7 years and 10000 km

sent while drinking tea's

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wicked sled when clutched properly. I had 2 and wish I never sold them. They would have been great for my girls.

Top Bottom