2004 REV 800 HO hard to start when cold

thirstbuster

Reaction score
New to me sled. The only way I can get it to start is to have it in a heated building, or a quick carb cleaner squirt into the intake. Any ideas where to start? So far all I've done is change the spark plugs, and this is my first Ski Doo, so I don't know exactly where to go. Thanks in advance!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Doo a compression test first off..... If that's all okay, check the choke operation, and then check the reeds for seating properly and carb boots for any cracks, and how good is the fuel? fuel filter inside tank ever replaced?..... they always were a little tough to start cold, but sounds like something isn't right

Irocaz

Reaction score
I also have a 2004 800 with the exact same problem. once I find time and figure it out I will post back

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-25C and my old 06 summit took what seemed like 20 pulls to start

Same temp with my pro it'll start 3-4, gotta love efi

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the above are all good then Air fuel setting and pilot jet plugging.fuel needs 15 grams of air to 1 gram at low rpm. air screw may be restricted or pilot and maybe both. These ratios change on operating conditions so at high speed will be less at 12 to 1 ratio. When motors warm the ratios will be less finicky. I would give the carb a good go through and maybe even raise the needle one notch.

Top Bottom