2004 Arctic Cat 440 sno pro

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at buying this sled. The guy wants 4500 but seems steep to me as it is completely stock, no larger fuel tank or heat exchanger etc. 2000 kilometers on it, not raced, looks to be in really good shape. I dont know anything about these 440's is this price fair?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at buying this sled. The guy wants 4500 but seems steep to me as it is completely stock, no larger fuel tank or heat exchanger etc. 2000 kilometers on it, not raced, looks to be in really good shape. I dont know anything about these 440's is this price fair?

If you want a finicky sled that holds 5 gallons of fuel, requires 110 octane race fuel and premix go nuts. I had an 02' ZR440 sno pro and it was a complete POS. When it held together it was good, but those times are few and far between. These are you're standard "add gas n' go sleds". They require more maintenance than your average sled.

With that said, $4500 is high IMO. I've seen those sleds go for way cheaper, with less miles if you're willing to drive a little farther east.

If you want something you can bomb around on in the flatlands, I'd look at an F7 EFI sno pro. It might not be as light as the 440 but it'll save you the grief of having a high strung factory race sled. Just my two cents.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your looking for anything other then a race sled I would go with something different. Those snopro's are very tempermental and will end up costing you in the end. I had both a 2000 and 2001 Sno Pro and on the sno-x track worked awesome, but you get it into the mtns or trails and nothing but problems. Save yourself some stress and go with an EFI F or M sled.... Oh ya and $4500 is way too high IMO as well....

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca
I bought an 04 440 for $2400 bucks 3 years ago. All I added was the firecat running board coolers and attatched a hose across the back. I ran it like that for a season on av-gas and then sold it. My buddy has been riding it for the last two years on av-gas (only 1.40 per litre here) and has had know problems. He just put my old holtz 144 under it and loves the longer track. The sled dosen't even have gauges! Three years of just pinning it no issues. Oh yea he added a variflow so he dosen't have to jet. The sno-pro chassis is built like a TANK! So tuff. Awesome sled if you ride hard. Guess I just lucked out with that one.

DIRT LUMP

Reaction score
I had a 05 440 sno pro,it was a piece of sh.t.unless your going to the snocross circuit with it ,dont even look at that type of machine.high maintenence sled and not cheep to run for a ditch banger

Top Bottom