2004 1m 600

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 600 Mountain cat has some cluth issues. I run a stock 9 post cluth with 53 gram cam arms and a yellow white spring. I had that stock roller till i broke a stud off. Now run a Team secondary, red black spring adn 66 42 .46 helix. The primary only makes 1/2 a shift. Did the same with the stock secondary. Sled runs 8200 all the time but secondary makes a full shift by 50 mph. Priamary had some roller issues so i redid the rollers. Spider is not rebuildable acoording to Cat but......... I found a roller kit # 1639-029 and rebuilt it. This is a discontinued number from CAt. Have not run it yet , as no snow, but i am wondering if any of you have any experience clutching these? I have a green yellow spring but hated the engagement. It was in or out like dropping a clutch. I have a purple sping coming, got it cheap off of ebay.

I must say the Team secondary really woke this thing up, was like a different sled.Went from going 1/2 as high as my buddy,s Scummit , to blowing over the top while he could only get 1/2 way up the hill. Still it drives me nuts that the primary won,t make a full shift. Wouldn,t mind if it was even close but 1/2 is not right. Losing top speed here like being in 2 nd gear. Leaves hard then accel,s slow. It does make a full shift on occassion. I think it is speed related though. Get enough speed it overcomes the primary and shifts.

Ok lotsa info ,, now 2nd question Speedwerx billet heads are they worth it??/ ANy experience as to how much power they might make?

Thanks in advance and Hello

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok little update. Lotsa views. I see everyone,s like me. I dunno wth to do LOL. I got a Purple spring and put it in. Seems to work way better . Gotta wait for more snow still. I burned up the grass in my yard and it pulls way harder and the clutch works fully now. 8^)

Top Bottom