2003 yamaha raptor 660

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
What do you have to say about the 2003 yamaha raptor 660???
The one i Might get smokes a little blue!!
Do they do that you is it just his???
He said it uses 100ml of oil every three tanks of gas!

Please post!!:rolleyes:

Justin:rolleyes:

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
sounds like its burnin oil, now down the road it may get worse(to the point of a rebuild, if you can perform this task w/o any probs, id take it but it might cause you some grief)Have you tested compression yet, have you fully looked over the bike top to bottom, left to right? Inspected the frame for cracked/busted welds?Take a look at the air filter/airbox/engine oil. Checking these are good indicators of neglect and abuse.

Are you mechanically inclined? If not Get someone who is familiar with sport quads or even 4 wheelers for that matter. You wouldn't want to go balls deep if you or the other person you brang to check it out , has concerns.

Just my two cents take it or leave it:beer::d:beer::bluesbros::common001::bandance::kickass::shots::headbanger:

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like its burnin oil, now down the road it may get worse(to the point of a rebuild, if you can perform this task w/o any probs, id take it but it might cause you some grief)Have you tested compression yet, have you fully looked over the bike top to bottom, left to right? Inspected the frame for cracked/busted welds?Take a look at the air filter/airbox/engine oil. Checking these are good indicators of neglect and abuse.

Are you mechanically inclined? If not Get someone who is familiar with sport quads or even 4 wheelers for that matter. You wouldn't want to go balls deep if you or the other person you brang to check it out , has concerns.

Just my two cents take it or leave it:beer::d:beer::bluesbros::common001::bandance::kickass::shots::headbanger:

Thanks for the info!!
I haven't looked at the bike yet but i will on sunday!!
I will try to check all of the stuff you talked about!!!

Thanks!!:rolleyes:

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to check if it just blows a little blue on start up or smokes the whole time it's running. If it's just a puff on start up, it likely needs valve springs. If it smokes all the time it's the rings or a sign of a bigger problem. If it smokes all the time it will be using alot more than 100ml in 3 tanks. It's not a big job to do either on that motor but it will cost you a bit if you can't do it yourself. Dan

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to check if it just blows a little blue on start up or smokes the whole time it's running. If it's just a puff on start up, it likely needs valve springs. If it smokes all the time it's the rings or a sign of a bigger problem. If it smokes all the time it will be using alot more than 100ml in 3 tanks. It's not a big job to do either on that motor but it will cost you a bit if you can't do it yourself. Dan

thanks dan,
More great advice!!
There is no problem if i have to do a little engine work!! My dad Has a big shop and a big snap-on tool box!!
I will check for these thing too!!

Thanks
Justin:rolleyes::woohoo1:

Top Bottom