2003 summit bar risers

rsw

Reaction score
would like some info on what you guys did and how high you went without cutting apart the wiring.I don't mind useing cable extentions but don't wanna get into the wireing.Would like to go as high as i can,what bar and risers are the best?

What i think would be best is to keep the stock bars and a big riser:confused:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Installed 8" risers on 900 & 800 RMK.... There are 12 wires that I cut on the 900 & about 7 wires on the 800. Added same gauge & color & soldered c/w heat shrink,Added 11" lenghts & then wrapped in lume. Unless some have a made up harness I don't know any other way. Also made up new brake lines. The CHAMP & I did it in a afternoon. It all turned out & looks good.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
RSW, I see you are asking about a summit. I don't know but would think some of the other guys will post. On ours we could only go about 2" before work required w/both brake line & wires. Got our risers @ Polaris so would think skidoo has different ones.

rsw

Reaction score
thanks

but ya kinda look at a 2003 summit

rsw

Reaction score
what no one has put a riser on a summit?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
HEY RSW: DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU..... THOUGHT SOMEONE WOULDA ANSWERED YOU BY NOW.:confused: I DID MY '99 670X MOD, AND PUT ON ABOUT 6 - 8" OF RISER ALL TOGETHER AND ONLY HAD TO ADD A THROTTLE CABLE EXTENSION.... I WAS ABLE TO REROUTE THE ELECTRICAL AND BEND UP THE BRAKE HOSE OFF THE BRAKE CALIPER ENOUGH THAT IT WORKS FINE. HOPE THAT HELPS A LITTLE, AND I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL GET BACK TO YOU.;)

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Summitric, I am wondering how much work it was to do the 151' mod?
I need all info of work involved and the availability of parts to do it

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Summitric, I am wondering how much work it was to do the 151' mod?
I need all info of work involved and the availability of parts to do it

IT WAS QUITE EASY, BUT TIME CONSUMING.... I PUT A 151X2" ON THE '99 670X SUMMIT.....
I HAD TO PUT EXTERNAL TOOTH DRIVERS(1 TOOTH LESS THAN STOCK) ON IT FOR THE TRACK TO CLEAR AT THE FRONT(STOCK TRACK IS ONLY 1 3/4") AROUND THE BULKHEAD.
I THEN DROPPED THE SKID MOUNT HOLES ABOUT 1" ON THE FRONT AND 1 1/2" ON THE BACK HOLE(WHERE THE SKID BOLTS INTO THE TUNNEL) AND MOVED THEM BACK 2"(INSTALLED NEW REAR DROP BRACKETS TO DOO THIS). THIS ALL GREATLY IMPROVED THE TRACK ATTACK ANGLE TOO. BE SURE THE TRACK SITS LEVEL WHEN SITTING ON FLAT GROUND AFTER THE JOBS COMPLETE, OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS.
I THEN INSTALLED THE RAIL EXTENSIONS AND TUNNEL EXTENSION AND AWAY IT WENT. I ALSO PUT ON ZX CHASSIS FRONT SHOCK(HAD SOME MODIFYING TO DO) BUT THAT HELPED RAISE THE FRONT OF THE SLED FOR MORE CLEARANCE AND SITS GREAT.
I THINK THERE MAY BE SOME PICS ON Welcome to Sled Bunny Racing! . LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY MORE INFO. THE HARDEST PART WAS REMOVING ALL THE FACTORY RIVETS. I PICK UP THE DRIVERS, RAIL EXTENSIONS, TUNNEL EXTENSION AND REAR BUMPER KIT AT SPECIALTY SLEDS, BUT I KNOW RORY @ PURE ADDICTION MOTORSPORTS OR ANY GOOD SHOP CAN GET THEM FOR YOU

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an 02 Summit 800 and put a 4" mad power riser block and throttle extension. Cut the wire harnes from the carrier for hard left turns(was pulling hard on harness) but did not have to extend any wiring. Cousin got a 6" on his 2000 700 summit, but you're starting to put a lot of strain on the harness.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad memory...also put on a longer brake line as it was also stressed on full left turns . 4" riser was a huge improvement for stand up riding and extra leverage for throwing machine on its side.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
One day at work a guy put risers on his Doo. Jumped on fired her up and shot warp speed across the parking lot. Rider bails, sled runs down the side of a truck and rips off a ski in the tire well. The sled stopped in a bank, you know if that ski hadn`t of come off it would probably still be going. :D

rsw

Reaction score
thanks guys it sounds like 4" it is, was hopeing i could get 6" but 4 should help alot anway

Top Bottom