2003 summit 700 rotax

justinddd

Reaction score
I have a 2003 700 summit I just recently changed my throttle cable because my oil injection cable was almost busted. sence I hooked up my oil injection cable I cant remember how it was adjusted.. right now when I put the throttle to the bar the injection pump is wide open and when the throttle is let go the injection cable goes all the way back.. when the skidoo is ideling is she getting oil with the cable all the way back?

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flipper to the bar "WOT"

adjust cable so the marks on the arm and pump body line up tighten lock nut up and good to go

and yes the oil pump is oiling motor @ idle

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"The visible stretched distance of the cable should be 28.0 ± 0.3 mm (1.102 ± 0.012 in)."
of course that's measured at the adjuster.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
flipper to the bar "WOT"

adjust cable so the marks on the arm and pump body line up tighten lock nut up and good to go

and yes the oil pump is oiling motor @ idle

X2, ^^^^ exactly what he said. Pull throttle to WOT position and line up the marks on the pump lever and housing....simple.
To answer your other question on oil use at idle...No, no oil is injected while idling as there is sufficient oil in the base of the case to lube the bearing's at idle. Older motors yes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom