2003 ski doo Rev 600 H.O into a 2003 ski doo summit 700 H.O?

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
Hey guys i just bought a 2002 ski doo summit 700 H.O that's in pretty good condition and i got a 2003 ski doo 600 H.O REV. And what i want to do here is do an engine swap and put the 700 H.O motor in the rev chassis so what would be required in order to do that swap correctly? Which clutch should i use? which carbs do i use? what about the electrical? Also i want to extend the track and tunnel on the rev to a 144'' with a 2'' paddle to make it a summit. What do i need to do this correctly? can i use the 2002 skid frame and track? And what about the gearing in the chain case? I do have enough knowledge on snowmobiles to be able to do the work my self I just trying to take out some of the guess work and avoid trial and error so i don't break something. My elevation is
1535M (5036ft) if any one has done this or know some one that has done something close to this some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
1298348467811_img00001-20110221-1221_resized.jpg 001.jpg just so you guys have pictures of what im talking about.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible man. I got bored last winter and put an '98 670HO in an '04 Rev chassis. I would bet that putting in your 700 would be easier than the 670. If i was you i would be planning to use basically everything from the 700 and put it in the rev. That would be the carbs, all electrical, DPM, primary clutch ect. Keep in mind where the 700 engine is going to sit in the engine bay for alignment issues also. You might have to modify your engine plate to move the engine and keep the clutches aligned.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The track will work im sure as long as you have the correct drivers in place for the track you want to run. I would guess the '02 skid will work for you but you might be changing around some mounting holes. You would have to dig up what the measurements for both the proper skid for the sled are and what the skid you have are and compare them. If your interested i have a 144X2'' track with the 2.52pitch drivers for it and a rev rear suspension minus the rails sitting in my garage i will sell. All you would need is some 144 rails and your set up with a summit rev rear end.

Ski_X_Doo

Reaction score
PM me a price and some pics on that stuff. Also i found this Ski 03' Rev beavertail delete kit | Terra Alps Racing Inc. i was thinking of ordering that set for a 144'' it says they can make it any size i could probably find rails in a sled grave yard do you know any good ones? im located in the kootenys i think there is one in kamloops that delivers sled parts. how can i make the 2'' paddle work? the track on my rev is 0.5'' currently. And do i need a bigger inter cooler?

Thanks for your help:beer:

Top Bottom