2003 F250, how do i prevent theft?

Bozo

Reaction score
Without question,...the Ford diesels around the mid 2000's year are brutal for getting stolen. One of the simplest, cheapest and quite effective things you can do is put a good club on. I know its a pain to put on and take off all the time. Generally, the thieves are pretty lazy and when the see it on, will move on to an another truck that is easier. The club is visible through the windows so it helps pro-actively prevent the door lock damage. With all this said, i have seen a thief try defeat the club.,,was unsuccessful but made a heck of a mess to the guys truck...

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had my 05 F350 ripped off a few years ago. They punched out the door lock and ignition and she was gone in a minute........... I got it back and still own it. I use the club, like already said.... It is visible, day or night.

Fun$

Reaction score
Pulling the fuel pump relay or tripping the inertia switch on a ford doesn't always work( I tried it) if the fuel system is tight it will still run. Not full power but enough to leave with.a computer kill switch is your best bet .i have one so far three theft attempts and I still have my truck

Fun$

Reaction score
I also agree with the club/ boot idea but if the truck is still capable of running when the ignition is twisted to the run/ start position it's gone thieves sometimes come prepared sawing the steering wheel is very quick.

Fun$

Reaction score
2008 is when they went to a chipped key with the PATS system. Anything previous to that is vulnerable to an extremely quick theft the good guys can be gone in45 seconds and they know to wait for the wait to start lamp to go off

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips y'all.
I'm thinking a visual deterrent such as the club would be a good idea.
Won't stop a thief but it may make them go find an easier target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fun$

Reaction score
I also considered a wireless baby monitor that way I could get my baseball bat and help them....you know

scottp

Reaction score
I bought the Club for trucks and SUV's off Amazon for about $65 for my 03 F350. I see in the local paper that at least one F350 is stolen in Parkland County every week. Maybe mine has been passed over because of the Club?

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbor just had his '05 stolen an hour ago in calgary, dark blue ext cab shortbox standard trans. GF was woken up by the sound of it starting, thought it was my old one then realized it was the neighbors, sent him a text asking if he just drove away in his truck at 5am.., nope he said.., cops called and were there in 10 mins, hope they catch those scumbags and give them a zapping for good measure.

Top Bottom