2003 Edge Clutch Tuning Advice required...

Reaction score
Hey guys, I ride my 03 edge around Beaumont AB, I am looking for some clutch tuning advice.

I run SLP single pipe, V-force 3 reeds, SLP boost bottle, Air Horn, team roller sec, SLP Black/Pink primary, SLP Red/Black secondary. in the mountains my machine rips at about 8100 RPm with Polaris 10-64 weights (7000 ft) and climbs awsome.

However around town I am only hitting 7800 and can't get my RPM's to peak nice with 10-66 weights. My sled gets up to speed real quick but does not seem to pull hard at full throttle. it feels soft and I have a feeling the polaris weights don't have enough tip weight to keep in the power band, possibly not enough shift rate (curvature) with the 10-66's.

I was thinking of following SLP's clutch recomendations of MTX weights but am not all that wild about the rivets spinning at 8000 RPM's anybody have experience with these weights or issues? Any suggestions or alternate weights that they have used that perform just as good or perform well with that engine set up?

looking to get my sled hitting that 8100 peak and ripping i know it can.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try changing the springs in your drive and driven clutch a higher elevation spring will work different than a lower one for around beaumont would be a 0-3000

edge rmk700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the same sled with the same things you have done other than the boost bottle,here i run a factory black green drive spring and the red black secondary and i pull 8100rpm with 10 66 weights or with my mountain magic secondary helix i run 10 68s.i would try a different spring first

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as edge rmk700, I just rebuilt my 03, 800 escape clutch today and it has the black green primary spring as well.

Top Bottom