2002 Summit Highmark D.E.S.S.

Hansen13

Reaction score
I have the 800 summit with digitally encoded security system. My sled came with no kill switch and I want to put one on. I was told that the tether comes with a chip inside so it can only be replaced with a certain one, so can I just use any killswitch or does it have to be a certain ski-doo type? Thought id ask here since nobody at out shops is 100% sure.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there will be 2 wires that run up to your handle bar were the kill switch should be. if not your guna have to look for it. on my 2002 i did the same thing.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know I think you should be able to use any old kill switch provided you can find the wires like Andre-Lariviere stated. I believe the the teather is encoded to act as a key and prevent theft, were as a kill switch is just a switch connecting or disconnecting an electrical circuit. I am a bit confused as to why a kill switch would be taken off a sled though....

Hansen13

Reaction score
Yeah just wanted to make sure, I knew there was the chip in the tether, but wasn't sure if the kill switch had anything in it, thanks guys.

Top Bottom