2002 Summit 600 Skis

jcb

Reaction score
Someone told me that the skis or the spindals on my summit are reversable so it has a wider stance. I this true ? if it is does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance

02 Summit

Reaction score
If you look at the block that bolts to the ski you will see that it is offset to one side by about 2 inches or so.
to set it to the wider stance:

- you have to take off the skis
- then loosen the bole that holds the steering arm to the spindle,
- rotate the spindle 180 degrees, so the wide part of the block sticks to the outside
- tighten the steering arm back up
- re-attach skis

jcb

Reaction score
If you look at the block that bolts to the ski you will see that it is offset to one side by about 2 inches or so.
to set it to the wider stance:

- you have to take off the skis
- then loosen the bole that holds the steering arm to the spindle,
- rotate the spindle 180 degrees, so the wide part of the block sticks to the outside
- tighten the steering arm back up
- re-attach skis

I was thinking that it was something like that, thanks for the info. Have you done done this and did it help with the handeling?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that it was something like that, thanks for the info. Have you done done this and did it help with the handeling?

Im no master sledder but i would guess it wouldnt sidehill as good.

Sent while not working too hard

02 Summit

Reaction score
I haven't done it, I run mine in the narrow setting. When I first bought my sled I also heard about the convertible ski stance and looked into how to change it if wanted but I'm quite happy with the handling in the narrow setting.

jcb

Reaction score
Im no master sledder but i would guess it wouldnt sidehill as good.

Sent while not working too hard

True, im sure it won't side hill as well, in my case we dont have alot of off trail stuff so I spend most of my time on the trails so im thinking it will work better for me.

Top Bottom