2002 7.3l xlt!

SKI-D00

Reaction score
I looove this truck! Just got a chance to drive it and WOW! Naturally, a couple people have asked how many km are on it, and when I tell them 330 000, they start looking at it like it’s a beater! I mean, I know the engines are golden and can last to over 600 000 (neighbors truck) but I’m kind of pissed off that I’m being judged on that… so basically, I’m wondering if there’s any way to roll back the odometer on a 2002 7.3L F-350 XLT? I can flat out promise you I won’t be trading or selling until that thing has to go for scrap metal because I’m seventeen and can’t afford ANYTHING now. Haha. And realistically, I know how many km are on it, but I’m getting paint and stuff done hopefully, so no one else has to know right? Any info would be great. Thanks!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you plan on keeping the truck and are happy with it,.. then ther eis no reason to fraudulently attempt to roll back the odometer.

SKI-D00

Reaction score
Trust me, I’m happy, and I know it’s impossible to sell it afterwards. I’m not dumb. Dealer has all the records and whatnot. But like I said, I’m never going to so it’s not a big deal is it? I just want people to look at the truck and not judge it, but rather be happy for me and wish they had it…

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, but this is highschool we're talking. LOL. That makes a world of difference. If you can't show off a little, what's the point in owning a 7.3!

If people judge you for what you drive, and not who you are, then you don't need them as friends.

Just laugh as you drive by them when there vehicles are broke down,. the best thing you could do for that truck is lift it and put bigger tires on it. :)

SKI-D00

Reaction score
What else would you guys suggest I put on? I hear the downpipe are restrictive, so full exhaust system? Stage 3 AFE Power cold air intake? Throttle Body spacer? I don't know, just throwing some ideas out there. No idea what will work or not...?

P.s. I think you guys talked a little sense into me. I won't be rolling the odometer back. That's just childish. I should be happy with what I have and not give a... care... about that other guys think. This truck will probably eat theirs anyway.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What else would you guys suggest I put on? I hear the downpipe are restrictive, so full exhaust system? Stage 3 AFE Power cold air intake? Throttle Body spacer? I don't know, just throwing some ideas out there. No idea what will work or not...?

P.s. I think you guys talked a little sense into me. I won't be rolling the odometer back. That's just childish. I should be happy with what I have and not give a... care... about that other guys think. This truck will probably eat theirs anyway.

Hahahahahahaha.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 7.3 out at the farm that has been parked for two years,. has 250k on it,.. it's DOA and needs an ECU,.. when I get it up and running it's getting a deck and some 38's :thumbsup2:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

TBS won't do you any good, cause ,..well you have no throttle body.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you pm me your address I think I still have my three stage power programmer for the 2002 7.3 that I bought back when I was running my 02 7.3.

I think it's still in the box in the garage. If I find it I'll send it to you free. Just dont use the highest setting unless you run bigger exhaust and pyro's.

SKI-D00

Reaction score
I guess that fits under the "won't work" pile. LOL. I was lookin' on the site below, and I saw one that says it will fit my truck, and I know a couple guys who have them on their gas jobs and like them... But to be completely honest, I just assumed Deisels had em cuz of this site... Sorry. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess that fits under the "won't work" pile. LOL. I was lookin' on the site below, and I saw one that says it will fit my truck, and I know a couple guys who have them on their gas jobs and like them... But to be completely honest, I just assumed Deisels had em cuz of this site... Sorry. :eek:

Apology not accepted, just choke it up as one thing more you know about your truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZEDNECK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dads 2002 f350 lariat with the 7.3l has 310,000 on it and I beat a brand new g6 gxp in a race. its funny when your vehicle with more than 300,000km is still kicking the sh*t out of little punks in their mommy's brand new car. keep the km the same, its a bragging right and not something to be ashamed of

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ski-doo, I had a look around the garage and couldn't find that programmer. I'll keep looking and if I find it I'll let you know.

Top Bottom