2001 ski doo summit 800 bogs at idle

bbender

Reaction score
The sled idles great but soon as you give it throttle it falls on its face. Things i've changed. new reed valves, cleaned carbs, tried a differnt control box, checked fuel preasure, new plugs, comp check 127-130. still does it. any ideas.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled idles great but soon as you give it throttle it falls on its face. Things i've changed. new reed valves, cleaned carbs, tried a differnt control box, checked fuel preasure, new plugs, comp check 127-130. still does it. any ideas.

DESS tether? A worn/old tether or bad connection at the tether and it will think someone has put one on from another sled. Does it just sputter and not rev up enough to engage the belt? If so then I'd get a new tether programmed for the brain, try wiggling it a bit to see if it helps. If it revs high enough to start moving but no power I'd look at plug wires/boots, coil or take those carbs off again, pull the jets out and make sure they are all unplugged and the ports are clean.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could also be water from melted snow in the air box. Snow would sit up above the gauges under the windshield on our 2000 Summit and melt and drip into the air box. Ran good at idle but soon as you hit the throttle it would bog out

bbender

Reaction score
tried differnt coil and fuel pump, no luck. its not acting like a tether but will check again. and its not snow in airbox, haven't had it out this season. thanks

Rek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you just put new spark plugs and new plug wires i had the same issue it cleared right up after that!!

Top Bottom