2001 rmk800 jetting

Kroozer

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm looking at jetting an rmk 800 - the jets in it, I was told are for 6000-9000 ft and I need 0-3000 ft. Is it difficult to change the jets? Is there a link somewhere describing how to do this. I am pretty handy and have a lot of different tools. Have rebuilt engines and such but nothing 2 stroke or snowmobile. I just don't want to screw up with the wife's sled. Thanks for any help.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy to do take the air box off loosen clamps on carb boots turn one carb at a time do not bend the cable going into the top of the carb remove the plug on the bottom of carb inside you will see a small brass nut 6mm i think very small remove careful as some have a small washer with them put a rag under if you might drop them they have a small no. on the side to tell you what size they are when putting in the new ones do not torque hard as the are made of brass hope that helps. funny we use to do that at least twice at day back in the 80-90s and never thought it was a big thing haven't changed a jet in 10 years. remember if the sled is jetted for 6-9000ft. and you are riding at 0-3000ft do not run it wide open it will burn a piston in less then a mile rebuilt 2 motors on sons sled

Top Bottom