2001 RMK 800, dim headlight and no handwarmers

spike7ss

Reaction score
I have a 2001 RMK 800 that I picked up this year, and the hand/thumb warmers dont work and the headlight is dim on high and low beam. Anyone have any suggestions to check out? The taillight is nice and bright. Other than that there is no guages or anything else electrical that is hooked up other than the essential items for the sled to run. Looked for loose grounds and wore wiring.

Possibly the Stator or voltage regulator?

Thanks in advance

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 RMK 800 that I picked up this year, and the hand/thumb warmers dont work and the headlight is dim on high and low beam. Anyone have any suggestions to check out? The taillight is nice and bright. Other than that there is no guages or anything else electrical that is hooked up other than the essential items for the sled to run. Looked for loose grounds and wore wiring.

Possibly the Stator or voltage regulator?

Thanks in advance

cant see it being the regulator or stator as you do have some electrical working
id be more inclined to look at the wiring up the steering column for loose connections .. my thoughts

tasco

Reaction score
Had the same the same issue with my 99 700 rmk. It was the voltage regulator. simple fix. tested my stator by unpluging the voltage regulator and then starting the sled. Lights were bright, do not rev up your sled doing this because you can blow out every bulb in the sled.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong but all the options are controlled by the left handle bar switches. Check to make sure the wires aren't pinched in this switch housing.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same the same issue with my 99 700 rmk. It was the voltage regulator. simple fix. tested my stator by unpluging the voltage regulator and then starting the sled. Lights were bright, do not rev up your sled doing this because you can blow out every bulb in the sled.

I have a 2001 700 that had the exact same problem. did the same test with voltage reg. changed reg and all is good. it had me all freeked out but just unplug the reg and start it up. do not rev it up. lights should normal.

spike7ss

Reaction score
Finally got around to looking at it. Unplugged the reg, and sure enought the lights are bright as can be. Now to track down parts again
Thanks everyone

Top Bottom