2000 SXR600 triple.. full throttle bog

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
I havea 2000 Yamaha srx 600, I did the carbs a few times now but cant get rid of the bog when I punch it.. ides great, but from a stand still if I punch throttle the thing will bog so bad it ont even turn track, but if I feather it up to full throttle its fine. I bypassed the tss

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is it the 600 with triple pipes, if it is the exhaust power valves could be a problem also

srxdude

Reaction score
Make sure its running on all three at idle. If it idles ok use a mirror set it in where you take air box off. Watch to see that all slides come up together.
If that is not the problem then check the fuel screw settings for off idle throttle.

tntsmallmotor

Reaction score
is that the only way to sync the carbs on this sled... just mirror and watch slides.. could it be clutch? im thinking carb..

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Yammy 700 triple has had these types of issues a lot. Always comes down to jets. Dirty and plugged jets. The pilot jets are for idle to about 1/4 throttle. The mains work in conjunction with the pilots for 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and the mains take over for 1/2 to full throttle. To me it sounds like one or more of the main jets are plugged. Take the carbs completely apart and blow out the jets and look through them with a light behind. I have used my wife's sewing needles and I bought a cutting torch tip cleaner just for this problem. Happens every year, fuel stabilizer or not. One thing I have noticed is that it is not nearly as bad when running Shell V-Power Gold as there is no ethanol in it. Ethanol causes more problems for these machines than others I think because for the same displacement twin the three carbs need to be smaller than just 2 carbs (smaller jets in them too). If you can't clean them properly like that, I have sprayed carb cleaner into a small container and let the jets soak in it for a couple hours. That helps a lot. Good luck and let us know what the problem was.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are all the needles set to the same position?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom