Sled bogs down when given full throttle. Sometimes!

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Hello fellow sledders!

I have a friend with a yammy bravo 250. He says it bogs down if he gives it full throttle, but picks back up if he lets off to 1/2 or 3/4 throttle. He thought it may have had to do with heat initially but isn't sure. Seems quite intermittent.
Hes cleaned the carb but says it wasn't that dirty. He checked the fuel pump but says it seemed ok. Any one have any other ideas? Thanks

Russell P

Reaction score
Shot in the dark, but try disconnecting the carb freeze up points. Can not recall if they are a make or break contact. Should be right on the carb.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the top off the carb and check the c- clip on needle. Had this happen to me on a rm 125 dirt bike.

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great advice. I'll forward this info off to my pal so he can check it out.

i think if it were leaning out the rpm would go up, but it seems like it's bogging and powering out

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be clutching also. Sometimes it makes it appear to be boggy but the clutches shift out too quick.

Sent from w

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be clutching also. Sometimes it makes it appear to be boggy but the clutches shift out too quick.

Sent from w

with the fuel system checks done id agree with the clutching, and/or could be something as simple as fouled plugs

Brentk

Reaction score
pull the hotdog and bun out of the muffler..it's nice and warm by now, chow down! now change out the old dirty gas and pinner!!

Top Bottom