2000 polaris 700 turbo

jkrabben

Reaction score
$3,200

Custom Polaris Turbo Sled

This sled was custom built it has an SLP tunnel, skid, Fox shocks, Custom built front end, 156 camoplast track. The turbo is an Aerocharger. This sled runs awesome. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to see more pictures.

Does anyone have experience with the 2000's polaris 700 with a turbo? i want to get into turbo sleds and i thought this one might be a decent place to start with my limited budget. The guy said the its running around 8 pounds of boost on av gas and the sled was built by a local performance shop. Any input is welcome, thanks guys

jkrabben

Reaction score
heres a pic of it

Attachments

• 7627549.jpg
    7627549.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 299

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
I don't know man, I saw what you did to the last polaris:nono:. I think you just better cough it up and get a SKI DOO.:d:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is an ad you found and you are looking to buy it?

very nice looking sled but you will not catch me anywhere near a carbed turbo sled no matter how good you tell me it runs. If you think your budget is limited now just wait until you start replacing top ends twice a season and burning $200 worth of Av gas a day. Turbo's are nice and its fine if you want to get into one, but maybe wait until you have more than a limited budget though. If you are dead set on a turbo on a limited budget, i would say go find a nice EFI sled with boost, it will be much easier on your wallet in the long run. That is the advice I have to offer.

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
haha i figured id get a comment like that from one of you guys, ive got that polaris all fixed and back to its owner haha

hahaha ya between you, Dillion, and Ken you guys will never live that day down:beer::beer:

very nice looking sled but you will not catch me anywhere near a carbed turbo sled no matter how good you tell me it runs. If you think your budget is limited now just wait until you start replacing top ends twice a season and burning $200 worth of Av gas a day. Turbo's are nice and its fine if you want to get into one, but maybe wait until you have more than a limited budget though. If you are dead set on a turbo on a limited budget, i would say go find a nice EFI sled with boost, it will be much easier on your wallet in the long run. That is the advice I have to offer.

Modman hammers the nail on the head right there too I don't think anyone could put it better than that. might be getting the sled at a good price but your gonna always be forking out big cash to keep it climbing.:beer: just my 2 cents

jkrabben

Reaction score
yeah i figured this is what id hear, i think im going to go with an m7 i found with a 800 bb, probably alot more reliable and better handling, thanks for the input modman

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice sled. Truth be told with the right compression ratio and dome design combined with an electric fuel pump,regulator and blowoff valve there is absolutely no reason that sled will not run and run well. Just my opinion.:d

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

Last edited:

jkrabben

Reaction score
Nice sled. Truth be told with the right compression ratio and dome design combines with an electric fuel pump,regulator and blowoff valve there is absolutely no reason that sled will not run and run well. Just my opinion.:d

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

yeah the guy said that the turbo has been on it since 2002, and he said it runs great, said its been reliable for him but he has only had it for a yr as a backup sled, hes putting me in touch with the shop that built it and rode it for the first 8 yrs, ill get a better idea then, deano ill probably be sending you a pm after i talk to this guy with a few questions

vendetta

Reaction score
if you run av gas and have power jets 2 stroke carb turbos are awesome if you are able to tune. i have a 670 turbo and love it.

Rob

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get a nitro with a 180 - 240 kit.... fill with gas and ride it.... well ok it will ride u but u want a turbo so that what ya get with boost....

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i figured this is what id hear, i think im going to go with an m7 i found with a 800 bb, probably alot more reliable and better handling, thanks for the input modman

Cant go wrong with M7 with your weight that M7 will suite you fine and more... 3 pals have the M7 and can go ride along the 800 and 1000's all day long

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't know where you are buying avgas, but if you are paying $200 a day your getting raped! Avgas is only about 10 cents more a litre around here than premium.

Top Bottom