2000 700 powder

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend just bought a 2000 700 powder special,he asked me to look it over,the sled looks very clean and well looked after.I have been riding doo's since the early 90's and have no clue when it comes to cat's.Besides looking like it's miserable to remove airbox for jetting,(it doesent appear to be efi).Is there anything else he or I need to know about this sled.any input would be appreciated.Oh ya this is his first sled.:confused:

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Usually cat guys have so much to say:d How dissappointing:(

800polaris

Reaction score
Im not a cat guy, i ride polaris. But i do know carburated engines. Make sure u have a look at the oil pump, the gaskets that are on the boots(just after the carbs)these are your reed valves, there famous for separating on AC's. Most importantly CHECK YOUR COMPRESSION IN EACH CYLINDER. fAILURE TO do so could end up in engine failure. Each cylinder should be the same, but if its close, like 160 and 158, its probably ok. But anything more then that will result in 1 cylinder working too hard and maybe "leaning out", it will overheat and possibly blow, resulting in a new piston and rings..... just some things to look at when buying any carburated sled...:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably won't need to re-jet it very often. They started coming with batteryless EFI in the late 90's on the powder specials, might want to look closer, and the carburated versions weren't too bad.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 99 700 powder special, I put on a Holtzman ATTAC system on the machine it worked really well with that engnie never really touched the jet after that.

Top Bottom