20" Rigid SR on Silverado 1500

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I ended buying this light for a bit extra on my truck..was just shy of $500, which included a small set of mounts, and a set of taller mounts that were a couple inches taller, the harness and a lighted switch. I decided to go bull-bar less, within the inside bumper cut out of my 10' Silverado 1500. There are two small tabs that I decided to mount to as drilling straight down was way too much of a pain..
photo3.JPG
The bracket/cradle that a buddy and I came up with...
photo2.jpg
Took power from fuse block (harness etc is all zip tied now)
IMG-20130207-00462.jpg
Ran wire for lighted switch into cab alongside the hood release cable..
IMG-20130207-00464.jpg
Decided to put switch here....
IMG-20130207-00468.jpg
007.JPG
Think it turned out pretty well. Looks like it should be there...
008.JPG
Low beam
001.JPG
Rigid with hi and low beam - The picture doesn't quite do it justice, but you get the idea, big improvement!
003.jpg

Yes this is dorky to chronicle this minor mod...but if it helps one guy, then perfect. I had a hell of a time finding info on mounting locations, etc! :beer:

gdvross

Reaction score
Thanks for the information,we just became a dealer for Rigid here in Saskatoon going to put some D2 duallys on my quads and figure something out for my 08 silverado 1500.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great install! Looks sharp!
So where did that bracket mount to? The bottom of the bumper? I'm thinking of doing the same on my Dmax.
Also are you quite happy with the light output?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So where did that bracket mount to? The bottom of the bumper? I'm thinking of doing the same on my Dmax.

Thanks pawel. I was going to do the bottom of the bumper right inside the cutout , but it would have been a pain in the arse. The bottom air dam has 40'ish bolts holding it onto the bumper. Would have eliminated the bracket we made. Ifmyounhad something to drill on an angle it would be okay.

the bracket mounted to the two vertical tabs in the first picture. Just drilled two holes in it. Worked well.

Happy with the light output. It sure throws it quite far.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I just wonder with where its mounted if it will block air to the tranny cooler...Theres a deflector behind that cutout that funnels air to the cooler..
Looks nice though..i am wondering what lights to put on a truck my self

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah time will tell when pulling the trailer. If it turns into an issue, I'll pick up a bullbar and throw the lightbar on there I guess. I had considered that, but there is a bit of airflow, more on the sides than on the top and bottom. Good point though.

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Thinking about doing the same thing to my silverado. Keep us in the loop with the tranny temps!

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will do. The one thing I did notice now is how yellow my stock lights are. Might have to pick up some new 6000K bulbs for the hi and low.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
buddy pulled one of the crossbars out of grill and mounted a 30" dual row ridgid looks clean will take and post pic

aaron_m

Reaction score
I have 2x10" rigid bars mounted in grill on my 2011 dodge 3500.
they throw a crazy amount of light.
Only issue is that they are soooo efficient, they don't create any heat, and ice up in fog right quick.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see a low beam picture, then turn on the high beams, then turn on the light you added to see a progressive difference.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just wonder with where its mounted if it will block air to the tranny cooler...Theres a deflector behind that cutout that funnels air to the cooler..
Looks nice though..i am wondering what lights to put on a truck my self

my 08 1500 did not have that cut out, does yours have the 6 speed tranny? same as the denalis? cause my 08 had the old 4 speed with over drive.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is the 6spd with extra cooling etc (towing package?).

css

Reaction score
I had a 20" mounted in the bumper on my 09 duramax and had 40,000kms in all types of driving conditions with and without a trailer and had no trouble with over heating issues. I am now installing a daul 20" with some daulley D2s in the bumper on my f350 so i hope it will work just as good.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 20" dual row rigids waiting to be installed on my trucks. I'm waiting while i figure out a way to theft proof them. According to some cop buddies they're one of the most stolen items off vehicles out there. If you've got them, be careful of theft. They're expensive as hell and right at the price where it's not worth the deductible to make an insurance claim.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 20" dual row rigids waiting to be installed on my trucks. I'm waiting while i figure out a way to theft proof them. According to some cop buddies they're one of the most stolen items off vehicles out there. If you've got them, be careful of theft. They're expensive as hell and right at the price where it's not worth the deductible to make an insurance claim.

Your cop buddies are right ;)

I would love to see someone try to steal mine. It's in there pretty well. They would have to take the bumper with them. Kind of why I didn't go with the bull bar.

Wish I had a place for some Duallys for the ditches (No fogs on mine) Can't have everything I guess. I do want to upgrade the stock bulbs though. Not HID, just something to give me the same colour temp as the Rigid.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
my 08 1500 did not have that cut out, does yours have the 6 speed tranny? same as the denalis? cause my 08 had the old 4 speed with over drive.

Mine is a 08 2500 hd. Ya six speed tranny
I take the screen out in the summer cause the tranny temp does get a bit higher

Top Bottom