$20 600 grizzly

trey71254

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently saved a 98-00 grizzly, what year for sure I'm uncertain, from the scrap yard. It had sat up for about 2 years. Well with a lil work and a new carb i got it back running. Would appreciate any and all tech advice i could get on it. I am looking forward to getting it in good running condition before the Merango Swamp ride in June. So far im a lil uncertain about the clutch system/belt drive. So I havent even taken it apart. Currently im just replacing worn out bearings.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! and good luck with the new to you ride, If you got it running you got yourself a good deal on a quad

trey71254

Reaction score
Yes so far got it cranking and running. Finally got my bearings installed today. For some reason it doesnt seem to have the power as my friends 600 or the top end either. Slowly speeding up it seems to have a top end of about 40. Thats with 27" Blackwaters. Could it be the belt/clutch needs some TLC?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes so far got it cranking and running. Finally got my bearings installed today. For some reason it doesnt seem to have the power as my friends 600 or the top end either. Slowly speeding up it seems to have a top end of about 40. Thats with 27" Blackwaters. Could it be the belt/clutch needs some TLC?

Might need to pull the primary and clean all the crappy dirt filled grease out and put a little new stuff in.

Could also be a belt, I would measure it and compare with new,.. or just put a new one and and keep old for spare.

trey71254

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I was wondering about that. One more question. I have never taken the clutch cover off a bike like this before or anything like that. Is there anything important i should know about regreasing it?

trey71254

Reaction score
Well looks like some of the work on my bike is gonna have to hold off for a lil bit. I loaded it up in my truck last night and made one of the dumbest mistakes in my life. I shattered my rear glass in my truck. And lol the whole time i knew better. Oh well ya live and ya learn.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well looks like some of the work on my bike is gonna have to hold off for a lil bit. I loaded it up in my truck last night and made one of the dumbest mistakes in my life. I shattered my rear glass in my truck. And lol the whole time i knew better. Oh well ya live and ya learn.

HAHA, sry to hear,.. but have been there done that,....

Top Bottom