2 stroke polaris 4x4 1992

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello i saw a polaris 1992 4x4 a 250 on kijiji it.s look in awesome shape how are those bike in the water any different than a 4 stroke ?:cool:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
.. Light weight 4x4 250 trail boss with high & low trany makes for a very nimble bike. They work very well with fair bit of jam for only a 250. The older Polaris bikes do have a fair bit of service involved.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by nimble not sure about that word it,s my french background i know .

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
OK Machine I think you got the diesese,pretty soon your wife will want to string Ron up and you will go through withdraw and we will have to send you to our own Dr. Ric to discuss your new addiction.He will assure you that if it dosnt have anything to do with snow and mud your headache will never go away so jump on your quad right now and go for a rip down the alley and you will sleep good tonight.As for tomorroo,One Day At A Time My Friend!
catmando!

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the exact quad... Lots of power and reasonably light. I owned it for 5 years and the only big problems I had were: the contact discs in the front hubs wore quickly and you lost 4x4, you had to stay on top of adjusting the chains as I found mine would skip a cog or two on the sproket when you poured on the power... other than that it was great.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great quads. Run forever. Have one that I'll likely be selling soon to free up room in the garage.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 400 2 stroke Xplorer. Light and goes good, make sure you clean the mud out of the rad though, or you'll blow the motor (waiting for mine to be rebuilt, overheated and kapow!) It'll go faster when it's done though (ye-haw)!

Clinebo

Reaction score
My first quad was a 1990 Polaris 250 Trail Boss 4x4 2-stroke. It served me well until I sold it to buy my '02 Sportsman 500 HO. It packed out several nice bucks and a couple of young bull elk. Elk had to be cut in half front/rear,but it hauled them. Other than regular maintainence,I had to replace a broken motor mount from plowing snow into a solid bank and getting stopped rather suddenly....:eek: Do the usual checks from time to time and you should enjoy it.:d

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Top Bottom