2" Pipe Lift

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody do the pipe lift on their Outlander? Need some pics and advice...

Rookie

Reaction score
might want to check out Rubberdown customs for there atv lift. excellent qaulity adn not bad prices either.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "pipe lift" is a spacer added to the spring that gives 1.5" more preload. It is not a lift....it makes the springs stiffer so the front end sags less. It works and is safe.

Running aftermarket shock extender-type lifts or longer shocks with stock axles is not recommended on Canned Hams as it will over-extend the CV joints in certain situations and they will break. Been there, done that. I run stock-length Crutchfield shocks. They are a lot stiffer than stock and since my bike doesn't squat like it did stock, it looks lifted. No broken axles so far.

whackbag

Reaction score
Hers my 2" lift/spacer from rubberdown , works pretty well so far.
only 140 bucks shiped to my door.

CIMG0757.jpg

CIMG0758.jpg

H2O

Reaction score
Juicy, Is this done at all four wheels or just the front?
Has the ride changed? Is it a stiffer riding machine? Also how much does it lift the machine?
Does it tip easier?

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the 2" High Lifter installed for about $250. Seems to work good as well. I don't think it affected my ride. Bike sits up much better and about 1 - 1.5" more clearance.

juicy

Reaction score
Juicy, Is this done at all four wheels or just the front?
Has the ride changed? Is it a stiffer riding machine? Also how much does it lift the machine?
Does it tip easier?

Yea you can do it all the way around but don't go anymore than 1" in the back otherwise suspension will be way to stiff, Personally I just have the front end done.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put in the rubberdown kit, what it allowed me to do was soften the spring settings from the hardest setting to the low setting. Gained about 1.5" of clearance and a bit softer ride.

Using the gas fitting on the front wont allow you to do this.

Im a big fan of their product now.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the gas fitting lift and found that it took alot of the travel out of my spring and stiffened it up. So I took it out and cut about a third of it off. I think I will install the small third sized pieces on the back end. But so far it seems pretty good.:d:beer::d

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Buy the Can-Am Blistein HPG shock front shock with heavy springs kit (715 000 304) and put a 3/4" billet spring spacer on too. Best bang for the buck and no axles issue. Good for up to 29.5 Laws or Term's. Run the same 3/4 billet spacer on the rear OEM shocks and springs if U need to clear 30's or 31's....

Top Bottom