2.86" or 3" Pitch?

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just curious as to the advantages and disadvantages to the two track pitches? I have 2013 RMK Assault and was thinking about changing the track. Was thinking the 5.1 would be better than the Competition track, then looking at prices of take-offs on Kijiji, it's not that much more expensive to go with a Challenger Extreme. So, if I go with the CE, there are the two different pitches available.

Either pitch for the CE, since it's all apart, I would probably install some Avid drivers and anti-stab kit. I like to plan ahead and take care of problems before they arise, and I think that Avid drivers are the way to go for a boosted sled (as soon as warranty is off :D).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get slightly more bulkhead clearance with the same tooth drivers(like .3 of an inch.. LOL)
The 3.0 pitch has larger spaces between the lugs , and I believe you lose some snow movement from that. It is however slightly lighter(comparing the same ply track) I think the 2.86 is the best all around pitch for most applications.

Hey everyone. Just curious as to the advantages and disadvantages to the two track pitches? I have 2013 RMK Assault and was thinking about changing the track. Was thinking the 5.1 would be better than the Competition track, then looking at prices of take-offs on Kijiji, it's not that much more expensive to go with a Challenger Extreme. So, if I go with the CE, there are the two different pitches available.

Either pitch for the CE, since it's all apart, I would probably install some Avid drivers and anti-stab kit. I like to plan ahead and take care of problems before they arise, and I think that Avid drivers are the way to go for a boosted sled (as soon as warranty is off :D).

Thank you in advance!

Top Bottom