2.52 x 7 tooth Drivers

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run 2.52 pitch x 7 tooth drivers? I'm looking to clear as large a track as possilbe on my Apex. I've got stock 3" pitch by 7tooth now; switching to 2.52 pitch x 7tooth drivers would provide an additional 1/2" of clearance so a 3" paddle would work. But I see Avid does not offer 2.52 pitchx 7 tooth combo drivers. Too much HP for that size driver?

I have not found an extrovert driver of this size at all; I have found internal drivers that are used for 700cc Mtn max.

Just running down a last option before pulling the trigger on replacing my slick Maverick.

Thanks,

Shawn.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone run 2.52 pitch x 7 tooth drivers? I'm looking to clear as large a track as possilbe on my Apex. I've got stock 3" pitch by 7tooth now; switching to 2.52 pitch x 7tooth drivers would provide an additional 1/2" of clearance so a 3" paddle would work. But I see Avid does not offer 2.52 pitchx 7 tooth combo drivers. Too much HP for that size driver?

I have not found an extrovert driver of this size at all; I have found internal drivers that are used for 700cc Mtn max.

Just running down a last option before pulling the trigger on replacing my slick Maverick.

Thanks,

Shawn.

The problem i see with getting a set of 2.52pitch drivers is that the 3" track only comes in 3.00pitch so the 2.52 drivers wouldn't work for that track.

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Some have tried a longer chaincase but complained the sled sat to high once the suspension was adjusted for the lowered driveshaft. Our tunnel kits have lower footing platforms to lower the body mass weight, lowering the centre of balance making it easier to throw the big sleds around.

can't run a 2.52 driver with a 3" pitch track, I haven't seen a 2.52" pitch 3" lug track yet?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I guess no 2.52 pitch track kind of nixes that option! I guess I can pull the trigger on a 2.5 CE now.

Thanks,

Shawn.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the 2.5" 3.0 pitch Challenger? 15 x 153"

Camoplast Part # 9785M

or the 9986M 2.5" by 3.0 pitch 15 x 162?

Not as nice as the CE but still not a bad track.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need all the track I can get under my fat chick!

I picked up a CE 9944 (162x16x2.5 3" pitch) last night from Tracks Canada, Thanks Curtis!

I'm going to need your help stuffing that track up into my tunnel Bart! Beers on me! I'm just waiting on an oil seal from Yami, got new drive bearings last week. You would not believe what the Yami bearing cost me! Luckly I was able to get one of the bearings after market!

L8r Shawn.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need all the track I can get under my fat chick!

I picked up a CE 9944 (162x16x2.5 3" pitch) last night from Tracks Canada, Thanks Curtis!

I'm going to need your help stuffing that track up into my tunnel Bart! Beers on me! I'm just waiting on an oil seal from Yami, got new drive bearings last week. You would not believe what the Yami bearing cost me! Luckly I was able to get one of the bearings after market!

L8r Shawn.

You got my # buddy, call and I'm there. Sorry I forgot you were a 16 wide. Let's build a mesh hood and put that girl on a little diet, she ain't that heavy, I've seen you toss her around pretty good, you do alright for a skinny fella....:)

Did you get the rear idler bearing too??? That riding in June is hard on sleds :D I still have to repair the damage from the "bridge incident". :D I think threadkiller was the only one who got away unscathed. Although, he did have to bury his best friend that day..... :p

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skinny? That reminds me I need to kick start the work out regiment!

Ya, that last trip almost ended with two sleds on straps behind Dusty's!

I have a pile-o-parts in the garage waiting to go (BOSS seat, APP rear axel, new wheels/bearings, OFT steering bushings). I still need to tear the a-arms off and look at them...something isn't right up front!

I'd like to kick some more weight off..not sure I've got any money or time left though (1st trip Nov. 11?)! A hood would be sweet!

I'll give you a call next week...we're headed camping this weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom