2.5 VS 3in mountain sled tracks

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t have to throttle as much with the 3” in the trees. Trying to be smooth like Carl lol.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is very entertaining. First, no snow flap to make the sled go better and now we are gonna cut the tunnel so we don’t get stuck. This is awesome.
Lynx has been running a short tunnel and a long skid on their version of the gen 4... so maybe they are on to something?

Makes perfect sense less track lug is better???? Legalization has taken a tole lmfao.
..... where did anyone in the post say it was better? its starting to look like its more versatile, stronger, faster, etc. is that not better?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2.6 power claw track is IMO best track in the industry. It will pretty much out perform anything in its class and still hang with the bigger 3" in most any condition's
The big advantage to this track is the ability to slip it around tight trees and yet stay high on top of the snow, unlike the other trenchers.
The only time i would not recommend a Power claw, it would be on big powered turbo's. The lugs are too soft and under such loads tend to fold over.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 3 inch track is spittin lugs at 1800kms, i will be back to a 2.5 on the mext sled. In the 154 a 3 is a wheelie monster but after adjusting it its not to bad now but unless its deep deep 2.5 works pretty dam good. The wife has a t3 154x3 and for her the 3 works great she can go slower and still crawl around the mountain

Travco28

Reaction score
I went from 2.5 too 3" on my 154 Xm . I have to say it is the best mod I have ever done. Yes its not as good on the trails as a 2or 2.5 But I'm only on the trails to get too the back country. I absolutely love it and would never go back too 2.5. Never .

Top Bottom