2.5 challenger extreme

fersch

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone is running this track and what its like? is it that big of an improvement from stock?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone is running this track and what its like? is it that big of an improvement from stock?

I run it on my personal '08 M1000, ove r the stock challenger track they had in '07 & '08 it is a drastically huge improvement. I couldn't beleive the difference it made on my M1000 the stock track was way to soft. I have 2012 M8 coming and i'll be switching out the track, i dont like the stock track especially for harder snow conditions. I find the powerclaw to be fairly sketchy goin downhill especially in harder snow conditions. You cant go wrong puttin a camo extreme 2.5" track on. I am actually going to try out the new camo extreme "peak" track on my 2012 this year, i really like the looks of that track.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the OEM challenger - too soft. Glengine is right about downhills on the powerclaw - I bought one first year they were out, pulled it off after two rides. Wife's M8 has a 2.5" x 156" on it (being stretched to a 162"x2.5" this year), and my M1000 has had a 162"x2.5" on it for two seasons - great track imho. The powerclaw works a bit better in bottomless fluff, but the extreme 2.5" is better everywhere else, and it works really good in powder, too.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched from the power claw (162) om my M8T and I would never switch back, don't get me wrong the PC is a good track, but the first time you come back down a hill with the camo you will be stunned. and they are better in the harder packed snow. worth the upgrade for sure

oly

Reaction score
This was a night and day change on my sled! It seems to get up on top way better and reduces the trenching issues I found. I run a M1000 turbo and the old track trenched big time! But those XP's still pop up on top better even with the same track.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best upgrade I've done, and not huge dollars - got it for 950 ish, and sold my old one for 5 ish, so 450 dollar upgrade

SUPERDUTY

Reaction score
or the new challenger 2.5 extreme vs the old 2.5 extreme. and what were the differences?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "old" 2.5 is a lot different then the "new" 2.5. The old style looks like any challenger track (teeth on the lugs), and works well in all snow conditions. I just installed the "new" style yesturday (Thanks to Curtis @ Tracks Canada), the lugs have no teeth on them, and the track pattern is slightly different. I suspect it will be a better powder track then the earlier version, but may be a LOT faster on downhills due to the square flat paddles. It is a bit lighter then the previous version, as well. Ride time was limited from the garage into the trailer - hooks up great on cement...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The "old" 2.5 is a lot different then the "new" 2.5. The old style looks like any challenger track (teeth on the lugs), and works well in all snow conditions. I just installed the "new" style yesturday (Thanks to Curtis @ Tracks Canada), the lugs have no teeth on them, and the track pattern is slightly different. I suspect it will be a better powder track then the earlier version, but may be a LOT faster on downhills due to the square flat paddles. It is a bit lighter then the previous version, as well. Ride time was limited from the garage into the trailer - hooks up great on cement...

aslong as it hooks up good in the trailer and on the internet thats all that matters. :D

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those '07/'08 tracks work a lot better if you turn them around. Not a CE mind you, but much better than the way they came stock.

Top Bottom