1999 summit 670x throttle

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
There are 2 stage throttle levers that the dealers used to sell... I'm going to find one for my 670x as well.... Those round slide carbs are "killers" on the thumb..........:(

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There have been guys in the past that have cut a few rounds off the return springs to ease the pull.

summitkid600

Reaction score
does anyone know where you can get a two stage throttle my neighbour has one on his sled and it is way better than my stock one

goodleo

Reaction score
I helped RIDER38 put one on his 670x last year. Got all of the parts at Riverside in St.Albert. Made a huge difference!! Talk to the parts guys there, they should know. We actually talked to the owner who overheard our conversation we were having when we were in the store. He showed us and the parts guys the parts needed to do the change on the throttle.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Years ago I had an old sled with a heavy throttle pull. I just rotated the throttle housing down and used two fingers instead of my thumb. Took some getting used to, but it works.

summitkid600

Reaction score
ya i just went into my ski-doo dealer MR. R's and they can still order then. but its for the 40 mm carb so the parts guy said you have to heat the throttle and bend it out more so it will open up all the way before it hits your handle bars

Dano670

Reaction score
Re: 1999 summit 670x throttle and electric start?

thanks goodleo I have two coming from Riverside as of today.I also have a question about my wifes 98 670x ,can an electric start be added to this machine without to much difficulty?she likes her machine but its a tough pull for her with the pull starter.Any help would be much appreciated.

theslam19_98

Reaction score
Re: 1999 summit 670x throttle and electric start?

thanks goodleo I have two coming from Riverside as of today.I also have a question about my wifes 98 670x ,can an electric start be added to this machine without to much difficulty?she likes her machine but its a tough pull for her with the pull starter.Any help would be much appreciated.

i went to the dealer today and he said he can get a electric start for the 98 670 x for the low price of 700

pattergrub

Reaction score
hey dude i got a throttle gizmo from clydecanride.com I haven't recieved it yet but i bought it for my girl and her tiny hands. you only get half throttle out of it but it should help her out big time. Im sure it can be modified for full throttle(at least i hope so) im putting it on a 2000 summit 700 should be here later in the week.

SparkyX670

Reaction score
I used a grinder and trimmed some off the tip of the throttle.I have Large hands.It helps, but still isn't comfortable.I don't mind the tension on the throttle, just the long reach.Rough trails are a killer on my thumb.I was thinking of putting a left hand throttle on just to give my right a break on the trails.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy a progressive throttle. I put one on the wifes 99 670 summit X and they worked great. We started racing it after and still used that trigger, no issues. Very easy to install.

Top Bottom