1999 mxz 600 help

Keng

Reaction score
ok so friends 600 wont stay running for more than a few minutes then stalls out. when we try to pull it over again its like the engine is locked up. pull the plugs then it starts and stalls again. and once again its locked up. any ideas on what could be causing this. if we pull it over really slow it eventually gets easy to pull over. we cleaned the raves. they were all gummed up. could it be that the raves are keeping the compression in the engine? i also knoticed some scoring on the mag side when i 1st pulled of the raves and had what seemed to be alot of wear on the valves. gonna replase them . wondering if there is anything else we should look at.

and on a side note the sled was running fine before. just with a lack of low end power. guessing that the no power at the low end was cause the raves were sooo gummed up they were stuck open.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It could be many things, all i will say is if you noticed SCORING, I'd be pullin the top end to look at the pistons, rings and cylinder walls. Once you get aluminum stuck to the cylinder walls FUNNY things start to happen!!!

Keng

Reaction score
oh i know.. just odd that its doing what its doing. gonna do a rebuild this summer. top and bottom.

Top Bottom