1998 yamaha 700 SRX

BCsledder

Reaction score
hey all, im looking at a 1998 yamaha mountain SRX and dont know a thing about the sled. Woundering if your guys could help me out and tell me a little info.
Thanks

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey all, im looking at a 1998 yamaha mountain SRX and dont know a thing about the sled. Woundering if your guys could help me out and tell me a little info.
Thanks

i had one! was a ok sled! but you can do much better!!!

Apex162

Reaction score
Me and my brother had one, In its time was very good. Power is great and reliable, we hade vari-flow that worked well. Stock pipes work well no need to change great fuel milage. Brother put on a 141 2" track and rode for 4000 miles before doing the rings and back adder.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wicked sled well built, one of the best sounding sleds you can buy with a can on it.
they are a tuff engine, they are a little heavy b/c of the extra beefy bottom end of the engine.

if you want it to run wicked all the time put a tempa flow on it and forget about it.

if ur lookin for a good sled it will run forever with minor maintence

BCsledder

Reaction score
if anyone was wondering it has a 141" camo track, triple pipes

yammy1320

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They came w/ triple pipes, needs more track tho IMO, go with a 156x15 and you should be happy...

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What i do know is the 835 big bore from Bender works awsome on this sled;)

BCsledder

Reaction score
sadly we will not be getting this sled because when we talked to the guy he said it was around $850 for one cilinder if it went and my dad/I was looking more for a twin.

HELLBILLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody but me still have one of these? I just got it tore down for some crank work, and am thinking about putting reeds in it. It has Power Inc pipes, bought it that way... Any info would help!!! Oh, and it's got a 144 now, Im gonna stretch it to a 151...

whammy

Reaction score
Carbon tech reeds work great in the stock cages,, also a reed spacer adds some punch........

SRXBOY

Reaction score
I have had a 98 MSRX since new, it sucked out of the box. When I got the jetting and clutching right for where I was riding (Edmonton) the thing went like hell. A neighbor who had a totally stock 01 SRX took mine for a ride and thought it had some engine mods. When I raced him all he saw was my snow flap getting smaller and smaller. Anything is better then stock.

This was a very well designed engine and they have gotten as high as 13-14 thousand clicks. But its how well you take care of them and what you run in them that counts.

When this thing came out it and was set up by professionals racers it was consistently beating the 800's.

When mine gets old and worn out it going to get a Price Power 1000 big bore and pipes and should be 260+hp plus the what ever HP their pipe add. Add some nos and life will be good.

Who ever started this thread should get some more info before not buying this sled.

John

mavverick

Reaction score
Hey I would be very interested to know the clutch weight spring and even helix set up thats working great on your sled. My SRX is totally stock in that department. Other than its stretched out to a 151" Thanks.

Top Bottom