1998 Summit X 670 Track Size/Drivers

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats good. I had read somwhere thet the extroverts would rub on the end caps on the rails.

No bid deal if they do. Trim the rail caps to clear or trim the rails and re-mount the caps. Take about 5 mins to trim the caps with a dremel or 1 hr to trim rails and re-install the caps.

If you go with Extro's get the Micro-Belmont ones, they are a few more $$ but are wayyyy better. IMO

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No bid deal if they do. Trim the rail caps to clear or trim the rails and re-mount the caps. Take about 5 mins to trim the caps with a dremel or 1 hr to trim rails and re-install the caps.

If you go with Extro's get the Micro-Belmont ones, they are a few more $$ but are wayyyy better. IMO

So, where can you pick up the Micro-Belmont extroverts?

Blue rev

Reaction score
Just put a 144X2 inch on my sons 1998 583 put a set of 8 tooth drivers on it and was good to go. I picked up the drivers from my dealer The 1998 670 non X came with 8 tooth drivers. I put the stock set up on didnt go with extroverts. Part numbers for the stock set up are 415067400 for the 1/2sprockets and 414931800 for the full sprockets. I also ordered the track and 136-144 rail extentions for tracks Canada.

I just did a Google search on this exact situation. And look what I found! You did this 3 years ago. Is it working fine? Did you need to extend the tunnel?

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did a Google search on this exact situation. And look what I found! You did this 3 years ago. Is it working fine? Did you need to extend the tunnel?

Wow, old thread. I have almost everything I need to make the swap but just haven't pulled the pin and done it yet. We moved into a new house and I've just been a bit too lazy! I have upgraded springs and still need a rear shock. It lost all of its dampeing ability last season. I decided to go with the Wahl Bros drivers due to pricing. Maybe I'll get a start on it over Christmas...

snowhound63

Reaction score

yes still working fine he has since upgraded to my old 2005 tho. No didnt bother extending the tunnel the only thing I had to do was put a nylon strap on the snowflap to the rear bumper to hold it up a little so it doesnt catch.

Top Bottom